Playbook Port?
Hey with the Blackberry playbook being able to support Android apps is there any plan to port this over? (Apparently it only takes 5 mins to resubmit it to AppWorld according to RIM) its just to bad that it didn't get submitted before the 31st of march or you could have had a free playbook lol.
I'm not so sure about the Playbook's Android mode. I've read that it's not even working yet and a native Playbook port is out of the question (I've done my fair share of BlackBerry dev and it's no fun).

If you've got more info on how to proceed, let me know.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
i am no developer but i have a playbook and the apps are already pretty good i wouldnt compare development on a Blackberry to development on a PlayBook
Android app support wasn't available at launch, and it's still not, but it's coming very soon.

Here's a fun demo from BB World: http://crackberry.com/video-demo-android...app-player
Would love to see this on the playbook! Smile
I just tried taking the v.0.8.6_768.apk release, and ran the apk2bar tool from the Blackberry tools on the developer site, and side loaded it onto my playbook using the Playbook NDK tools.

It is kind of working -- I am going to try and load the original .apk onto an android phone tomorrow to see if the things that aren't working are because of the remote app / my xbmc build, or Android Player on my playbook.

Listen to Music works great -- I get my whole music library with cover art etc, and can play songs/albums fine.

TV shows and Movies reports that nothing is found.

Picture works too, but the first time I tried to open it, it timed out or something. I exited the app and started it again, and this time it worked fine.

Now Playing works in that it shows the cover art and song info, but the controls don't do anything (play pause etc.)

The "use as remote" doesn't work either. Would be nice to have a better skin too since the screen is bigger and high res Smile

So we're getting there at least Smile

Oh ya, my xbmc box is running 10.1.

It would be great if when Playbook 2.0 officially comes out in february, this app can be offiicially added to Appworld.
Actually, I just tried going through the web interface on my laptop, and the movie library doesn't come up there either. Looks like it's probably something on my xbmc box itself. And come to think of it, I often have video database issues Smile

If I get a chance to this weekend, maybe I'll do a clean xbmc install and see if how things work.
Any chance to do the re-install dmakfan? Get it working?

I also have this running on a PlayBook and its working great. Remote works, movies and TV Shows are listed and can be played by selecting. Only issue is a bit of delay painting the TV Shows banners and the season images dont all paint.

It would be great to see this officially released. Its certainly not difficult to convert from Android to PlayBook as the available dev tools take care of this for you as I am no developer!!
Hi,

Does someone has any news on that? Did someone tried to convert the recent XBMC for Android version to a bar file and install it on a Playbook? That would be huge.
Playbook is a really nice piece of Hardware and the only thing missing to it are good apps like XBMC.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

(2012-08-17, 22:13)Temhil Wrote: Hi,

Does someone has any news on that? Did someone tried to convert the recent XBMC for Android version to a bar file and install it on a Playbook? That would be huge.
Playbook is a really nice piece of Hardware and the only thing missing to it are good apps like XBMC.

Its in App World. Just do a search for on your PlayBook for XBMC and you will find it Smile
Are you sureHuh
I just did one and I am only getting:
- XBMC remote
- XBMC remote (another one)
- XBMC remote (3rd)
- XBMC Lite Remote
- XBMCmote!
- Remotee

But no XBMC at all Sad

I also tried to convert 2 apk of XBMC (Neon and non-Neon) available at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1813089 using this online converter (apk->bar): http://apk2bar.unker.net/
But when I start XBMC is crashes right away, not even a startup screen.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

My bad I am in the wrong place, I didn't realized this thread was about the remote application, and I was asking about XBMC itself. Sorry about that.

(2011-12-07, 06:36)fatboycarney Wrote: Any chance to do the re-install dmakfan? Get it working?

I also have this running on a PlayBook and its working great. Remote works, movies and TV Shows are listed and can be played by selecting. Only issue is a bit of delay painting the TV Shows banners and the season images dont all paint.

It would be great to see this officially released. Its certainly not difficult to convert from Android to PlayBook as the available dev tools take care of this for you as I am no developer!!
I second this. I installed the Android remote from app world, works near perfect now on the Blackberry Playbook. I'm using the latest OS 2.1 840 beta. The only thing I can't do is adjust the volume, otherwise it's great. Just need a higher resolution version now to take advantage of the larger screen.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Just wondering if anyone is still wanting to port this to the Playbook?

I have a PlayBook and I'm planning to get the developers SDK.
I'd be willing to try some things if someone could suggest the best way to start this project.

This would be the most amazing app on the PlayBook!
Any plans to officially port this to the Playbook/BB10? I've been grabbing the apk's and converting them to bar files for awhile now and it works near flawlessly with the latest version on Frodo. It would be fairly simple to publish this to blackberry's app store and avoid having people have to port it themselves.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playbook Port?0