XBMC and Firefox not playing nicely...any ideas?
Hi There,

Here's a question/problem I have XBMC 10.1 and Firefox 4.0 (Though the problem was happening with Firefox 3.6 too).

If I'm browsing XBMC either going through my TV/Movies/Music content there must be a background process running that slows down my Firefox.

Things I know so far:

-Does not slow down the computer (can run other programs without a problem and response time is normal)
-Not slowing down internet bandwidth
-I can use IE without a problem, but kind of defeats the purpose of having Firefox
-Firefox is very slow in responding for anything like Minimizing/Maximizing, changing tabs, opening new tabs, closing tabs.
-If I'm playing a Movie/TV show in XBMC my Firefox is back to normal response time.
-If I'm playing Music in XBMC, Firefox is not AS slow, but still slower than normal.

I have to wait at least 5 seconds for every click I make. Once I close XBMC I go back to normal speed and regular use.

I have disabled every "update" type option in XBMC but still happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Do you have by any chance enabled the "Hardware accelaration" feature in both programs - Firefox and XBMC? That could cause the problem... (I know that Firefox recently introduced this, but I do not know if this is enabled by default...)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

YES!!!

It was the Hardware Acceleration in Firefox. Once I disable that I'm back to normal. It was already disabled in XBMC.

Thank you. It was driving me insane.
Excellent, found this post when looking for similar issues with FireFox 5.0.

I have XBMC running on my TV, with hardware acceleration enabled. On my PC, if I tried loading a page with some flash banner, or YouTube especially, it would hang and freeze for 20sec.

Disabled acceleration in FireFox and immediately noticed a difference.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Firefox not playing nicely...any ideas?0