Any advantage to installing CoreAVC codec w/ XBMC
Using it with the standard current version?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
No
XBMC uses its own codecs. It wouldn't matter how many different ones you installed, XBMC would ignore all of them.
thanks. Guess I will save my $$
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
natethomas Wrote:XBMC uses its own codecs. It wouldn't matter how many different ones you installed, XBMC would ignore all of them.

Unless you use the DSPlayer build... Then you should be able to use CoreAVC.

So in that scenario, is there any reason to use CoreAVC over the FFMPEG codecs?

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:Unless you use the DSPlayer build... Then you should be able to use CoreAVC.

So in that scenario, is there any reason to use CoreAVC over the FFMPEG codecs?

-Wes

That's a question best asked in the DS Codec thread. I've no real idea.
And what XBMC build has a fastest or most performance codecs? I'm running one of Dharma builds but on some movies (720p AVC rips) going not smoothly, with jogging. MPC from K-Lite on same PC shows perfect smoothness. Any idea how to solve this?
yecora Wrote:And what XBMC build has a fastest or most performance codecs? I'm running one of Dharma builds but on some movies (720p AVC rips) going not smoothly, with jogging. MPC from K-Lite on same PC shows perfect smoothness. Any idea how to solve this?

I've noticed that on a few downloaded MKVs as well. The frame rate will slow down to 22 and then jump to 27 at random times. My guess is some encodes aren't done 100% to spec. MPC-HC does a better job playing back these files. The last movie I remember with this issue was Knight and Day by AVS720.

You can always configure an external player (MPC-HC) to play these problematic files. Search the forum for how to configure an External Player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any advantage to installing CoreAVC codec w/ XBMC0