How do you map a path so that it works in windows when using a shared MySQL Database?
I have a dedicated fileserver that is mounted as /media/stuff/ on my HTPC, and mounted as Z:\ on my windows machine.

I'm trying to get xbmc running on my desktop, and I have my entire library showing up fine using the shared mysql database thing. My problem is that when I go to play anything on the windows side, it says the file is mising because it has no way to map /media/stuff/ to the network drive.

Is there any way to map paths inside of xbmc so that it knows where to look?
Presumably you're scanning on the file server, so the library gets populated with the paths on the file server. If you don't use XBMC on the file server the easiest solution is to do the scanning on your PC. Rather than use a drive letter use UNC names. That is, when you add a source, in the Browse dialog choose "Add network location" (you need to scroll the list down to see this) and add an SMB source. In the library the source path will be stored as smb://server/path/etc.mkv.

This will work on the file server as well. It means the file server is connecting to it's own network shares, but that works fine.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you map a path so that it works in windows when using a shared MySQL Database?0