My XBMC Household
-Update-

6/1 - Added Polk Audio Monitor 60s, Polk Audio CS20 and Klipsch Synergy Sub-10!
Replaced the Toshiba DLP with a 64" Samsung Plasma and added a Samsung BD-D6500 3D bluray player!

I finally configured the last of my XBMC boxes in my home so I thought I would share! I originally got into HTPCs back when Meedio first started out but only recently made the switch to XBMC a few months ago. I only had 1 actual HTPC with a couple of WD Live boxes for the bedrooms. I ended up putting XBMC clients in each of my daughter's rooms as well as in my bedroom. All media is served over gigabit ethernet (too bad the shuttles are only 10/100 Sad ) from an 8TB NAS. Everyone is running Windows 7.

Hope you all enjoy the tour!

Main HTPC
[CPU+HSF] Intel Core2 E8400 with Scythe Shuriken Cooler
[MOBO] BIOSTAR G41DVI
[GPU] Asus GT520 Silent
[RAM] Kingston HyperX 2GB DDR2 x 2
[SSD] G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-60GBP2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC SSD
[CASE+PSU] Silverstone GD05 with SeaSonic X series SS-400FL
[TV] Samsung 64" Plasma (PN64D7000) with Logitech Harmony 1100
[RECEIVER] Onkyo TX-NR708 7.2 Receiver
[BLURAY] Samsung BD-D6500
[CENTER CHANNEL] Polk Audio CS20
[FRONTS] Polk Audio Monitor 60s
[SUBWOOFER] Klipsch Synergy Sub-10

My Bedroom
[CPU + Case] Shuttle XS35 Barebone
[RAM] 2GB DDR2
[SSD] Crucial C300 64GB SSD
[TV] LG Infinia 42LE7300 LED with iPad running XBMC Commander
[AUDIO] Samsung C450 Soundbar

Chantel's Bedroom - This is for my 14 year old daughter
[RAM] 2GB DDR2
[SSD] OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal SSD
[TV] Samsung Syncmaster P2570 with Archos 70 running XBMC Remote

Lyric's Bedroom - This is for my 14 year old niece
[RAM] 2GB DDR2
[TV] Samsung Syncmaster P2570 with Harmony 880

Ariyana's Bedroom - This is for my 5 year old daughter
[CPU + Case] Giada N20 (I plan to eventually replace this with a Shuttle XS35)
[RAM] 2GB DDR2
[TV] LG M2780D LED with a Nook Color running XBMC Remote

yeah man! these are great!! thanks for sharing!!
Nice setups Smile Thx for sharing!!
Your focus needs more focus
Current WIP: Karma TF8
Thumbs Up 
longsh0t Wrote:I finally configured the last of my XBMC boxes in my home so I thought I would share! I originally got into HTPCs back when Meedio first started out but only recently made the switch to XBMC a few months ago. I only had 1 actual HTPC with a couple of WD Live boxes for the bedrooms. I ended up putting XBMC clients in each of my daughter's rooms as well as in my bedroom. All media is served over gigabit ethernet (too bad the shuttles are only 10/100 Sad ) from an 8TB NAS. Everyone is running Windows 7

Hope you all enjoy the tour!

Oh wow! Yes I enjoyed the tour! Very nice setup!

One question: which NAS are you using? I am planning to build one by myself and as it seems did you build your HTPCs also by yourself so I thought the NAS maybe too.
I also plan to remove my Zotac MAG with an own build (with the help of eskro´s post! Nod)
thanks for sharing ...
krijeck
rebuilding ....
I'm using FreeNAS with some spare hardware I had (P4 3ghz cpu, Stacker CM Case) with (4) 2TB hard drives.
Thanks for sharing, your setup makes me very envious!

Does each htpc have it's own xbmc database, or are they all synced somehow?

I'm about to start a multi-room setup, and I think it would be really slick to be able to pause a movie in the living room and resume it from the same spot later in the bedroom. And having watched status synced would be a big plus as well.
rbrohman Wrote:Does each htpc have it's own xbmc database, or are they all synced somehow?

Each one has it's own db. I agree that being able to start a movie in one room but finish it in another room where you left off would be pretty slick though.
Awesome setups, but one question bugs me, why so much money put into SSD drives for each HTPC and not invest them into a better speaker setup (since you already have a good receiver) ?
I actually just purchased the Onkyo receiver a few weeks ago and have been looking at replacing all of my speakers recently. I'm not an audiophile by any means so the smaller speakers have been fine for me with a powered sub. My receiver actually allows for 4 more speakers in the front (front-wide and front-high) which got me looking into replacing the ones I currently have.

I've been looking at the Polk Audio RTi8's to replace the front channels with Polk OWM3's for the surrounds and 2 PSW125s for the subs.

It was easier for me to purchase the SSDs separately and not get "audited" by my wife. Purchasing the replacement speakers will be much trickier. Sad
Yeah, i know the feeling, my GF also bugs me when i get new AV gear Smile.

Great choice in front speakers + sub, but for the rear i think the TSi100 are a better choice sound quality wise
longsh0t Wrote:Each one has it's own db. I agree that being able to start a movie in one room but finish it in another room where you left off would be pretty slick though.

It can be done. Check out the thread below.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78431

There are other links in the forums on how to do this as well.

Nice setup you have there too. Nod
SpectreX Wrote:Yeah, i know the feeling, my GF also bugs me when i get new AV gear Smile.

Great choice in front speakers + sub, but for the rear i think the TSi100 are a better choice sound quality wise

In order for me to get my surrounds approved they're going to need to be as inconspicuous as possible so I really need ones I can wall mount. If I had things my way though....LOL
Thanks for sharing.
Great setups :-)
Just one question - why are you replacing the Giada N20 with the Shuttle XS35 ?
considering buying an N20 (having two self-build setups, but wanting the slick ssf).
Thanks again
GShlomi Wrote:Thanks for sharing.
Great setups :-)
Just one question - why are you replacing the Giada N20 with the Shuttle XS35 ?
considering buying an N20 (having two self-build setups, but wanting the slick ssf).
Thanks again

The fan noise on the Giada N20 is much higher than the Shuttles. I purchased the N20 before I used any Shuttles and I never noticed the fan until after having the XS35s. I think for the most part the N20 is pretty quiet but just loud in comparison.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC Household0