My XBMC Household
Is the silverstone gd05 a quiet case? Or did you have to do something inside? Does vibrate much? Would you recommend it for someone that woult put 3 plate hdds inside or not?

Nice setups you have there, sir. I know the 'wife-acceptance-factor' issue very well...
I actually added fan speed regulators for all 3 fans and just replaced the PSU with a SeaSonic fanless PSU but prior to that it was a fairly quiet system. I also have an SSD so I can't comment to the noise disk based HDDs would have.
Did you also consider, let's say, antec nsk-2480/fusion? Or was it out of the question for some reson straight away?
To be honest, I never looked at that one since one of my requirements was that it was all black.
Bump!

New TV and Bluray player! Smile
Hi, i was wondering if you tried to use wireless connections on your XS35GT, i just purchased one of them and i have trouble to make the wifi work
What a great setup! 2 thumbs up!
I'm working towards something like this too, but only on a much much smaller scale (only the living room atm)
But i'm troubled by the remote controls.
Could you please tell me what kind of remote-control receiver you used or what can be used?
thanks in advance.
Elendar Wrote:Hi, i was wondering if you tried to use wireless connections on your XS35GT, i just purchased one of them and i have trouble to make the wifi work

I haven't used WiFi on any of the Shuttles since I ran Cat5e throughout my house.

Rayeight Wrote:What a great setup! 2 thumbs up!
I'm working towards something like this too, but only on a much much smaller scale (only the living room atm)
But i'm troubled by the remote controls.
Could you please tell me what kind of remote-control receiver you used or what can be used?
thanks in advance.

I am using an IR-Man receiver with Girder. I used it when I used to use Meedio/MeediOS back in the day. Works fairly well with the Harmony 1100.
Hello

I'm very interested in your main rig as it is quite close to one I am currently considering. Do you know how hot it is getting in there? I'm particularly curious about the use of the Seasonic fanless PSU, which I had looked at: it seems to come with dire warnings about mounting the right way up, so the heat can get out, but you don't seem to have added any extra ventilation on the case. Is there enough space above for the case coolers to get the heat out?

I'd be wanting to use a GD04 case as I want it in silver, but I think they are pretty similar inside...

Since you've gone to the trouble (and expense!) of a fanless PSU, did you consider a fanless CPU cooler as well? CPU fans can often be the noisiest thing of the lot!

Many thanks for sharing your experiences.

Ceejay
There is about an inch of space above the PSU for heat to exit with a vented grill which lets some heat escape. The airflow in this case is very good and I feel between the single intake and dual outtake fans I think it's more than enough.

I considered a fanless CPU cooler but there weren't any that I felt would be good enough that would still fit the height clearance. The Shuriken is an excellent cooler and the noise from it is negligible.
Little bump! New speakers and pics!

Wasn't able to get the speakers for the fronts "approved" by the wife but I'm pretty happy with the audio on the Monitor 60s!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC Household0