Cannot play movie without fanart/miniature
My movies are all on a Nas and I use Xbmc solely in File Mode using either Confluence or Simplicity.

What really bugs me is that when I have copied a movie and Xbmc has not found Fanart/Miniature that then the movie cannot be played.

Is this caused by a preference setting (if so, which) or how can I solve this?
That sounds very odd. If you're using file mode then XBMC just sees files, and if you play a file with any extension recognised as video (e.g. mkv, mp4, avi etc) it will play regardless of what other files are present. If you're really seeing this behaviour we need to see a debug log of an example failure to play.

JR
Probably I did not explain myself correct. I will try to explain in steps.

1. I copy a movie to the Nas in a folder that's already known to Xbmx.
2. Now I go within Xbmc to the movie. There are 2 options:
3.a Xbmc found Fanart/miniature. Then no problem I see that info and when I press 'play' the screen with filminfo pops up and a next press shows the movie.
3.b Xbmc did not find Fanart/Miniature. Now when I press I am presented with the box where I can type a changed name. But not only is this troublesome but often there is no movie info at all. Also children do not understand what they have to do.
4. So I select "manually" in the popupmenu of the movie and go thru all the moves. Only then can the movie be played.

I just checked this and this is how it works.

See: http://img7.imageshack.us/i/xbmcg.jpg/
Try this:

Settings > Video > File Lists > Default Select Action > Play

That should do it.
-stoli-
Thanks!

I choose for the option where you get to choose which of 3 you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play movie without fanart/miniature0