[Help] How do you make a new menu item on the main menu in Alaska?
This might be a silly question but, I'm trying to figure out a way to have a separate menu for TV shows and Cartoons displayed on the main menu screen in alaska. I know i can make submenus for scripts and things like that, but is there anyway to have my scifi/drama tvshows seperated from Cartoons/kids shows?

Does anyone know if this is possible?
Alaska Revisited has this built in as Custom Items.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you tell Alaska to show the custom items on the main menu?

I created a custom item in SETTINGS->ALASKA, and selected "ENABLE CUSTOM ITEM 1", but I can't figure out how to access this "custom item".

Thanks in advance!
It's not a stupid question.
Simply press down while the main menu item is selected. You will get the built in options and after those, the custom ones show up.

For example, on my setup, for MOVIES, I disabled most of the built in options like (actors, years etc) and only left genres and the added some custom favorite folders. It's nice that you can also set your own image for that submenu.
kataleen Wrote:It's not a stupid question.
Simply press down while the main menu item is selected. You will get the built in options and after those, the custom ones show up.

For example, on my setup, for MOVIES, I disabled most of the built in options like (actors, years etc) and only left genres and the added some custom favorite folders. It's nice that you can also set your own image for that submenu.

Thanks, but if I understand the terminology correctly, what you are talking about are "submenus". It was my understanding that you could create a custom main menu item (in addition to MOVIES, TV, etc...).
Once you enable and give it a name it should appear on the Home screen.
Hitcher Wrote:Once you enable and give it a name it should appear on the Home screen.

That's what I thought... unfortunately they aren't appearing on my Home Screen. Can you offer any troubleshooting tips to figure out why that might be the case?

Thanks!
Is this all custom items?
Have you tried changing the Home style to see if it only affects the one you're using?
OK, perhaps this helps:

How-to create a playlist: (I'm not sure how to access this menu in Alaska, so I've done this part in Confluence)
1. Enter Videoes -> Playlist -> New Smart Playlist
2. Type: TV-Shows - Name: Cartoons - Rule: Genre - Contains - Animation -> OK
3. Create another smart playlist
4. Type: TV-Shows - Name: Adult TV Shows - Rule: Genre - Does Not Contain - Animation -> OK

NOTE: If you want to, you could actually choose "Mixed" instead of TV-shows, and you'll get cartoon movies included too.

Once this is done, you can setup the home item in Alaska:
1: Enter Settings -> Alaska -> Custom Items
2: Check Enable Custom Item 1
3: Pick Select Video Playlist
4: Select Cartoons and give it a name (This is the name of the menu on the home screen)
5: Repeat the process for the other item.
Ok, I got it to work with a playlist, and got it to work with an addon. What I was trying to do was get it to work with a sub-item from an addon which I had made into a favourite.

What I had wanted to do was create an item for a channel that created using the livestreams addon (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116&page=29).

I can make the channel into a favourite, and jump to it that way, but thought it would be neater to have it as a main menu custom item. Maybe that was asking for too much Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help] How do you make a new menu item on the main menu in Alaska?0