Xp To 7 Users
Thanks for that,

Ive copied and pasted it into my settings but still i get this mad display corruption..

I have attahced an actual screen shot of whats happening.. imagine all the "play" "pause" options etc all over the place jumping moving around and going mental as well... it doesnt look bad static.. but in motion its mental ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now whats hapening is that i have 2 OSD's bouncing and moving and trying to adjust themselves ... its impossible to selct anything and all i can do is pause by pressing "spacebar" and then exit.

Can i get it to use EVR in wondows XP? as thats what i use with MPC-HC?
There is an option in Settings > Video to use EVR but I think its was only for development purposes

I guess your going to have to make the jump to win 7 if you want to stay with windows I only mentioned DSPlayer as you sounded reluctant to change but it looks like the easier option now
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:There is an option in Settings > Video to use EVR but I think its was only for development purposes

I guess your going to have to make the jump to win 7 if you want to stay with windows I only mentioned DSPlayer as you sounded reluctant to change but it looks like the easier option now

Yea,

i tried the EVR option and it didnt launch..

Im suprised no one has come across these issues before? Most of my issues seem fairly obvious and im suprised there is not a sticky thread that says..

Dont install XBMC if:
1. You use XP and want hardware decoding
2. You want to use the EVR Renderer on XP
3. You want to use xbmc exclusively and use no other external players/codecs on XP for playing your media
4. If your not prepared to learn xml
5. If you not prepaired to use software that is still buggy (including the stable release which has a lit of known bugs?)
6. If you want an easy plug and play OOTB HTPC experience
7. If you have little time to tinker and configure it to work with your set up
8. If you use any type of ION or Atom based pc runing XP
9. If you use XP
10. If you use XP :-)

Basically after 2 weeks i have finally find out that xbmc does not support windows xp on atom/ion based HTPC's Laugh

Why dont they post that on the front page and save people a shed load of work? Laugh

Thanks for your help though, its been really appreciated and i think im gonna call it a day and try something else, a little bit more xp/ion/user friendly Big Grin
Any big reason you don't want to use windows 7 as its a really easy install
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
DS Player has been abandoned and is not being developed due to the fact that it was so buggy, especially on XP (on Win 7 it was almost decent). DS Codec is a replacement, but it`s still in development.

If you want to use hardware acceleration on Nvidia in the stable release you need

-> DXVA in XBMC on Windows 7
-> VDPAU in XBMC oo Ubuntu (or XBMC Live)
-> VDPAU in XBMC on OpenELEC.

All 3 of these platforms and stable and work fine, anything else is a hackjob as you have noticed. End of story.
It wasn't abandon because it was buggy and anything in development will have bugs in certain builds especially as XBMC trunk went through huge changes going from Camelot to Dharma which is where most of the problems came from

Earlier builds were better for XP being that it was actually developed on XP in the first place I still use a very early build in on XP

To call it a hack job is stupid just because you didn't find a build that worked for you, I'm still using the last build released in win 7 and it works perfectly in fact it does some things better than 10.1 when it comes to HD, audio sync and seeking etc not to say I wouldn't use 10.1 if it met my audio needs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xp To 7 Users0