can I do this?
Question 
New to product so please bear with me. I want to be able to play movies on my laptop, and display them on my 1080P TV via HDMI is this possible?

Thanks

Dave
yes
To expand a bit on this, If your laptop has a DVI connector you can connect this directly to your TV using a DVI-HDMI cable. This works because DVI and HDMI are basically the same just with different connectors. Note however that sound won't work through a DVI-HDMI cable so you'll need a separate cable to connect the headphone output on your laptop to the sound input on the TV. This can require some messing around with the TV settings. I managed this on my Toshiba but only after considerable experimentation.

If the laptop is very new it may even have an HDMI output socket. If so just connect it to the TV and sound should work through HDMI too.

If your laptop only has a VGA output connector then you can probably connect it to the TV as most modern TVs have a VGA connector. However these usually only only display up to 720p. You can still play 1080p videos, but they'll be scaled down to 720p.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can I do this?0