Bugg: Readding TV-shows with manual added language in "set content"
This is a bug that has been in XBMC for a long time.

This is my setup now: Ubuntu, XBMC 10.1

Added /videos/series as a share, and set content to tv-show and thetvdb and lang. "en".

Then when I want to add a tv-show that I want swedish as the "info language" for that show, I go to VIDEOS in XBMC (not the library) and go to that specific tv-show in /videos/series/"exampel" and in "set contect" I check that the language shall be "sv" and that this folder contains a single show.

Then when I scan the library, I get swedish lang for this show.

The problem is that when I want to remove this show this show from my library, and I have removed all the files, it comes back when I scan my library again. This time with no episodes of course.

I then have to manually recreate the folder, go back to VIDEOS in XBMC and once again "set content" and go back to normal way without "sv" and single tv-show in that folder.

THEN, I can remove it, and it wont be added back.

Can someone please have a look at this?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
soder Wrote:This is a bug that has been in XBMC for a long time.

This is my setup now: Ubuntu, XBMC 10.1

Added /videos/series as a share, and set content to tv-show and thetvdb and lang. "en".

Then when I want to add a tv-show that I want swedish as the "info language" for that show, I go to VIDEOS in XBMC (not the library) and go to that specific tv-show in /videos/series/"exampel" and in "set contect" I check that the language shall be "sv" and that this folder contains a single show.

Then when I scan the library, I get swedish lang for this show.

The problem is that when I want to remove this show this show from my library, and I have removed all the files, it comes back when I scan my library again. This time with no episodes of course.

I then have to manually recreate the folder, go back to VIDEOS in XBMC and once again "set content" and go back to normal way without "sv" and single tv-show in that folder.

THEN, I can remove it, and it wont be added back.

Can someone please have a look at this?

Thanks.

/Söder

Bump? Someone that knows about this problem?

/Söder
The problem is related to this trac ticket is my guess:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11480

i.e. that path remains in the library so is scanned even though it doesn't actually exist (I presume that you delete the actual disk folder??)

As I indicate in that ticket, it's not necessarily trivial to fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The problem is related to this trac ticket is my guess:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11480

i.e. that path remains in the library so is scanned even though it doesn't actually exist (I presume that you delete the actual disk folder??)

As I indicate in that ticket, it's not necessarily trivial to fix.

Yes, I've deleted the actual disk folder. But XBMC add the show to the library, even though there is no folder.

/Söder
What if you group all your English shows together say /videos/series(en) and the Swedish ones /videos/series(sv) and set the content different on each?

I know this won't fix the bug - but I use this type of setup for running shows vs cancelled ones and another separate directory for shows that use absolute numbering.
live4ever Wrote:What if you group all your English shows together say /videos/series(en) and the Swedish ones /videos/series(sv) and set the content different on each?

I know this won't fix the bug - but I use this type of setup for running shows vs cancelled ones and another separate directory for shows that use absolute numbering.

Yeah, I've heard of this way before, but I don't use it. It isn't a THAT big deal for me as it is either, I only wanted it to be reported, as it has been there for a LONG time.

/Söder
Please add your comments to the ticket above.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Please add your comments to the ticket above.

Done, I think..

/Söder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugg: Readding TV-shows with manual added language in "set content"0