Screenshots...
bmp is a bit large, is there a way to add the option to change it to jpg or gif or to just change it all together?
we use the built-in bmp saver stuff from the xdk. what's so hard about converting it yourself? just how many screenshots do you takeHuh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

would be cool to save it as folder.jpg when you are playing a movie in that folder.

other wise id say there would be no point.

anyway just being silly would be nice but not really that important

cheers
i must say it sounds like a cool feature to be able to save a screenshot from a movie as folder.jpg.
it has inherent problems though: what should it do if there already exists a folder.jpg - just leave it? under which circumstances (if any) should it overwrite? etc. etc.

sounds like options, which are not in any circumstances being added. :p

cheers,
jonathan
(official option remover)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok was only a suggestion but to answer your questions....

it isnt just screenshots i also have a digital camera and dump the images from it to use the thing as a large photo album of sorts to date i have @ 3800 in the lot. as to the second problem about format, there isnt any problem with me converting them outside of me unhooking the box and packing it to my office to hook it up to my terminal to ftp it and then convert it and re-up the thing.

or i could go down to my basement drill holes in my new house and try and run cat5 all under my floors for the purpose of putting the box on my network (sort of since i have the encrypted crap which i havent really played with trying to get going). is why i made the request, seemed a far wiser addition for future circumstance.

since jm thinks not, well i guess that solves that problem/curiosity.
maybe i'm missing something here - what does the digital camera pictures have to do with xbmc screenshots exactly??

obviously xbmc can display practically any picture format, it's only the screenshots that are in bmp form.

i have it all centralized in one directory on my f drive to keep it organized so my wife doesnt have to browse about my drive(however this may sound more like disorganized) so my screenshots and images are in the same location. the ref. above was to indicate that 3800 jpg files and a lone or multiple bmp is a bit of a pain to locate, dl, convert & then reup after hauling my box about the house.

no harm as i mentioned it was only a suggestion and you pointed out it was unviable, might be a good project for me, just have to et more familiar with the cvs (right after i figure out how to upgrade the python).

thanks for the consideration and response at least Smile
ah - i get it now. yeah, is more tricky if the box isn't permanently networked. perhaps the screenshots could go in a different folder?

as for saving them as jpeg's (or anything for that matter) it would be reasonably easy - basically you'd have to translate the texture into a cximage and then save it. alternatively, you could write a procedure that loads the image and resaves as a jpeg, deleting the old bitmap.

cheers,
jonathan

if it was a movie and sceenshot taken save it as folder.jpg (can pick the case you want) and over write if it is set to that case exactly (every letter) otherwise put it in screenshot folder. this would mean in 99percent of time it would use your own  folder.jpg or the latest screenshot you took

cheers (ill stop hasseling you about it)
(jmarshall @ feb. 15 2005,18:10 Wrote:ah - i get it now.  yeah, is more tricky if the box isn't permanently networked.  perhaps the screenshots could go in a different folder?

as for saving them as jpeg's (or anything for that matter) it would be reasonably easy - basically you'd have to translate the texture into a cximage and then save it.  alternatively, you could write a procedure that loads the image and resaves as a jpeg, deleting the old bitmap.

cheers,
jonathan
i suppose i could link the default for pics to include multiple directories (i think i can do that, dont know if it will work on pics).

the second part of that is kinda greek to me, i wonder if a py script could be written to reformat images that would be great (and a different forum) as well as solve the transport issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screenshots...0