Radeon video settings only work with DXVA in use?

I'm finding that adjusting the video settings inside the CCC are only effective when DXVA is turned on and in use.

If I play some x264 video I can go into CCC and adjust whatever I want(sharpness, denoise, vibrance, etc...). However when I play some xvid stuff the video settings have zero effect.

What am I missing here? I'd really like to get some sharpness applied to xvid since the post-processing in xbmc is very limited.
That's because DXVA output processing is only used when also DXVA decoding is used. IMO it shouldn't be too difficult to restructure the renderer a little and do an explicit blit for SW decoded frames into DXVA processor. That would allow the use of all quality enhancements and hardware scaling/deinterlacing on any content.
Any idea how I can adjust video settings on non-dxva played content then?

I see there is an advanced settings marked broken that will play xvid through dxva, not sure when it will get fixed.
xvid dxva is only supported in UVD3 and higher. The 5450 is only UVD2.2. You may want to upgrade to the new 6450. Note this is talking 'native' dxva playback. If there is a way to blit it via ps or something clever (as WhiningKhan suggested) then you'll have to wait for that to be implemented.
Damn, I just bought the 5450.

I could have sworn in XP that video settings applied to all video, non DXVA or not. Not sure how I could modify the renderer in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon video settings only work with DXVA in use?0