XBMC - The Dharma Guide
@ HenryFord - Great guide! thanks for putting this together.

I noticed that the global command "Z" - Zoom is missing. it's also not mentioned on the wiki page.
Just thought you might like to include a new media manager (specifically for Macs) in your list as it is the only one out there (as far as I am aware).

ViMediaManager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=886768
I would love to use this as a starting point for a revised basic user guide on the XBMC Wiki, which would hopefully mean enough of a jump start to have it updated for v11 (Eden) by the time Eden is released.

However, I notice it's currently released under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0, and the XBMC Wiki requires CC-BY-SA 3.0. In other words, we could only add it if Henry was willing to release it for commercial use as well.

I don't suppose that would be possible? :)
demosthien Wrote:Just thought you might like to include a new media manager (specifically for Macs) in your list as it is the only one out there (as far as I am aware).

ViMediaManager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=886768
Unfortunately I do not own a mac, but I can try to write a guide to this as well. Would you be willing to look through it though? I don't want it to be 'half-assed' :-)

@Scott: I'll revisit the license and publish it without the commercial restriction!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

This is an awesome guide. Good work HenryFord!
HenryFord Wrote:Unfortunately I do not own a mac, but I can try to write a guide to this as well. Would you be willing to look through it though? I don't want it to be 'half-assed' :-)

@Scott: I'll revisit the license and publish it without the commercial restriction!
Just looked through it again and realized that I only have to put up a link to the media-manager not write a guide to it, so that will def. happen in the next week. I currently have no access to my server (I'm on vaccation Smile ), sou you'll have to wait until sunday/monday until the new version releases, this will include a change in the license model as well.

@Desisuperman & @garbear: Thanks Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

*Update*
- Updated the license model in order to allow commercial usage (Suggestion)
- Restructured the layout of the Media-Manager-Section (Suggestion)
- Added a few media-manager (Suggestion)
- Added "Z" to the global keys (Suggestion)

The files ares now updated on my server and will be changed in a few days on the homepage (a.k.a. "scribd") as well. Enjoy!

Henry,

Have you considered creating a new thread for a Eden version of your guide (so you can edit the first post etc).

I think it is still useful to have a Dharma guide and an Eden to give choice to people.

I'm running a nightly on my mac so I could help out a bit.

Cheers

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I am doing that right know, but I want to wait till it at least hits beta-status Smile Still, I am doing it and will release it later. I am running nightlies here as well, so I know whats happening Wink

Thanks Smile
Very grateful for this guide. Somewhere I should post a tip to total n00bs like myself-- I found myself unable to locate the initial settings you point out, like adding sources. Turns out it's because I changed my skin before I started, and the skin didn't have the options XD Oh well, that was 4 hours I'll never get back.
Just finished the whole saznbd/sickbeard saga from a youtube tutorial. By the time you add being a n00b to all that stuff, it was quite a journey, learning about nzb sites, latest knowledge about usenet, etc.
Awesome guide, and really helped me a lot.

One suggestion would be to give a step-by-step list of all the stuff you will need to have setup before you should start trying to set up SABnzbd, sickbeard and Couch Potato.

For example: if you go the usenet route you will need an account with both a usenet provider, and a NZB provider before you should attempt to set up these programs.

While you do infer that you need these set up in your instructions for each application, it would be helpful to have a list of things that need to be in place before you start setting them up, including a list of top providers (astraweb, etc)

Thanks again for your work on this.
That is a really good idea, thanks. Will update the guide as soon as I can Smile

The guide is now available in the XBMC-Wiki (although some parts are missing):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dharma_Guide

I will update it accordingly with my current guide.
I will at one point extend my guide to Eden, but didn't have yet time to review this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - The Dharma Guide0