• 9(current)
Neon - New Features / Changes
Just wanted to say (to stoli? I believe he is the original creator of this skin?) that this is a beautiful skin and I've converted a couple of friends who'd never heard of xbmc before to start using it, using the Neon skin. Absolutely stellar work, fella!
love the skin, but need more addon views
(2012-05-23, 16:33)Tobby Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 20:31)stoli Wrote:
(2012-02-15, 15:32)saber Wrote: I made a tiny mod for your skin stoli. Hope you don't mind.

I don't have the latest version of the skin, just the one in the XBMC repository. I missed the 3D Wall from Night and decided to add it. I added the movie rating to it and fixed it up a little. It replaces the "Wall" view type. Here's what it looks like:

Download

All thanks go to stoli and mcborzu.

PS. Stoli, the skin tries to use a font called "LiberationSans" but it isn't specified anywhere in Font.xml. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

You should have let me know you wanted that view. It was there at one point and I removed it, I could have easily added it back. Wink
Yes please Blush

And could you please re-add the wallpanel view? I can see it listed in the views but can access to it cicling viewtypes...

Thanks a lot for your work

PD: Could it be possible to add watchlist support for tvshows?.... It´s a very useful addon...

Thanks
I just switched over to this skin because the one I was using gave me nothing but problems. Im SO glad I did ! Not only is this skin smoother and more stable but it also brought back ( and added to ) my favorite media layouts that the 'other' skin got rid of. Thanks for all your hard work.

My only suggestion would be to allow the user the ability to create their own custom home menu button with sub menus. For instance on the other skin I was using I was able to create my own 'buttons' for Pandora, Opera, PsuedoTV..etc. I could choose different functions for the custom button like 'favorites', 'scripts', 'playlists' and such. I think for the average (non tech-y) user it makes things easier to just have to click one button on the home screen as opposed to navigating through the add-on section. Erm... unless you already can do all this and I just missed it. I did install this skin at 3am Big Grin .Thanks !
(2012-08-30, 16:16)idtjes3 Wrote: I just switched over to this skin because the one I was using gave me nothing but problems. Im SO glad I did ! Not only is this skin smoother and more stable but it also brought back ( and added to ) my favorite media layouts that the 'other' skin got rid of. Thanks for all your hard work.

My only suggestion would be to allow the user the ability to create their own custom home menu button with sub menus. For instance on the other skin I was using I was able to create my own 'buttons' for Pandora, Opera, PsuedoTV..etc. I could choose different functions for the custom button like 'favorites', 'scripts', 'playlists' and such. I think for the average (non tech-y) user it makes things easier to just have to click one button on the home screen as opposed to navigating through the add-on section. Erm... unless you already can do all this and I just missed it. I did install this skin at 3am Big Grin .Thanks !

That is partially possible - you might want to check out the Skin settings =)
The functionality is limited to several items but it works fine for most users. I have a Radio, and Spotify home menu button, and two direct links under Video.
Hello,
first....best Skin on Earth!!

Now I don't know where to post these requests/questions, so I'll just place them here.

1. Is it possible to add a media-flag showing the numbers of audio-tracks and their languages (although the language option is not that important)?
2. Is there a plan to introduce animated backgrounds?

Many Thanks,
Alex
1) I am not sure if this is possible with skinning - I am not that experienced.
2) As I personally detest them, no. Feel free to add your own though Smile
(2013-04-03, 14:41)Kibje Wrote: 1) I am not sure if this is possible with skinning - I am not that experienced.
2) As I personally detest them, no. Feel free to add your own though Smile

1 - I don't think so either...
2 - Agreed. To me, Ken Burns effect is too much as it is. Smile

I'm slowly getting back into this. I have to get up to speed on all the new skinning features that have been added in the last year or so. Once I do, I have some cool ideas I'm going to try and implement in the coming months.
-stoli-
stoli,

I was wondering if it's not too much trouble to add a few different views for advanced launcher plugin in neon? Maybe a cover flow view etc... I think this skin is pretty much close to perfect. If there is a mod out there for what I'm asking could someone post a link. Thanks for all the hard work stoli!!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon - New Features / Changes2