• 5(current)
Neon - New Features / Changes
Hi stoli, where can I get the most current 10.1 compatible version of Neon?

Thanks.
For 10.1 the one in the XBMC repository is most current - but very out dated as compared to the Eden builds.
-stoli-
@stoli
What is the best xbmc version for use neon ? last stable or nighly version ?
MaxCore Wrote:@stoli
What is the best xbmc version for use neon ? last stable or nighly version ?

Neon for Nightly has much improvements compared to the Dharma Version. So..Nightly Smile
Any chance of bluray covers in cover flow please?
Added new recently added today - comes from the new Aeon MQ3. Still a work-in-progress, so your feedback is welcome. Git already updated, so it should make Passion tonight.
-stoli-
Stoli I have a odd one for you.

Test system has nightly pre-eden build (as of whatever was their yesterday) and running the latest Neon SVN, everything functions fine.

Move the software over to my real system, everything works however the TV Shows option from the main menu will now only show content from the movies folder.

Both systems share the same Database via MySQL.

I have tried to un-install and re-install, no luck. As I am typing this I do not remember checking it before I switched skins. Sad

Have you seen anything like this before? It is ultimately fixed by reverting back to 10.1 and the version of Neon from the Default repo.
jhusch Wrote:Stoli I have a odd one for you.

Test system has nightly pre-eden build (as of whatever was their yesterday) and running the latest Neon SVN, everything functions fine.

Move the software over to my real system, everything works however the TV Shows option from the main menu will now only show content from the movies folder.

Both systems share the same Database via MySQL.

I have tried to un-install and re-install, no luck. As I am typing this I do not remember checking it before I switched skins. Sad

Have you seen anything like this before? It is ultimately fixed by reverting back to 10.1 and the version of Neon from the Default repo.

No idea. I do recall reading that for pre-eden builds there was table that had to be added/updated in MySql, but if it's working on one of your boxes and not the other..... Huh
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:No idea. I do recall reading that for pre-eden builds there was table that had to be added/updated in MySql, but if it's working on one of your boxes and not the other..... Huh

I had the same problem when I first used Neon SVN, running on Dharma. If I opened the Movies menu from homepage, then movies would be the default content for TV Shows on the homepage.

If I navigated up a level until I was at the tv shows library and selected that, then the reverse happened and all the movie menu links would display only tv shows.

I upgraded XBMC to the nightly build and the categories correctly displayed the content.

Also I'm not sure if this is the expected behaviour in Neon SVN but whenever I open the Videos category, it always opens to whatever category I was previously scanning/browsing/watching and not to the top level page where you can open Files - and see all your library sources and the Add source option.

So I always have to navigate up each level to get to where I need to. This wasn't the behaviour running Neon on Dharma.
Kokonutcreme Wrote:I had the same problem when I first used Neon SVN, running on Dharma. If I opened the Movies menu from homepage, then movies would be the default content for TV Shows on the homepage.

If I navigated up a level until I was at the tv shows library and selected that, then the reverse happened and all the movie menu links would display only tv shows.

I upgraded XBMC to the nightly build and the categories correctly displayed the content.

Also I'm not sure if this is the expected behaviour in Neon SVN but whenever I open the Videos category, it always opens to whatever category I was previously scanning/browsing/watching and not to the top level page where you can open Files - and see all your library sources and the Add source option.

So I always have to navigate up each level to get to where I need to. This wasn't the behaviour running Neon on Dharma.

I guess a good question would be, is a nightly build required for the Neon SVN to work properly in Windows?
Nightly builds are a definite requirement for the SVN version of the skin.
-stoli-
can you add get TV Tunes to TV show information screen. Now I have to switch skins to download single tv show themes then switch back.
Randall Lind Wrote:can you add get TV Tunes to TV show information screen. Now I have to switch skins to download single tv show themes then switch back.

Why not just go to the tv-tunes addon? No need to change skins...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Why not just go to the tv-tunes addon? No need to change skins...

I looked at this last night.

When you go to the addon there is no option to start downloading anything like there is with the logo downloading.
stoli Wrote:Why not just go to the tv-tunes addon? No need to change skins...

tv-tune addon rescans all shows. What I am talking about is just downloading for 1 show.

Example skins: Night & Simplicity has a button to download a single TV theme next to the logo or get art button.

I started with Night got tired of the look moved to Simplicity which awesome but in the last 2 months Neon has really caught my eyes and really looks good on my HDTV.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon - New Features / Changes2