atv2 " unable to connect to remote server"
I just tried to access the api on themoviedb since i have an api login, and yea... no go, and forums are down as well.. looks like the site has problems.... last time this happened it took about 2 days for them to sort it, so sit tight, and im sure it will be fixed shortly.
They're affected by the AWS issue currently being fixed (rather slowly by what I've read). http://twitter.com/#!/themoviedb
I can update via MBP but not ATV2...
I found the same problem. I have 3 ATV2's running 4.2.1 and the official build of XBMC.

Turns out that the partition that XBMC installs to on ATV2 is TEEENY. If you ssh in and run "df" you'll see that the partition is completely full. I've had to delete all my downloaded fan art files to get updates to work again.

Long term I hope there's a solution where we can either set external storage for the fanart & thumbnail downloads, or have XBMC save the thumbnails on the original file server - "moviename.mkv" gets "moviename.tbn" saved with it.

There's so little space on the ATV2 that we need an alternate solution for fanart/thumbnail storage, or once a library hits a certain size everything breaks.
gameraboy Wrote:I found the same problem. I have 3 ATV2's running 4.2.1 and the official build of XBMC.

Turns out that the partition that XBMC installs to on ATV2 is TEEENY. If you ssh in and run "df" you'll see that the partition is completely full. I've had to delete all my downloaded fan art files to get updates to work again.

Long term I hope there's a solution where we can either set external storage for the fanart & thumbnail downloads, or have XBMC save the thumbnails on the original file server - "moviename.mkv" gets "moviename.tbn" saved with it.

There's so little space on the ATV2 that we need an alternate solution for fanart/thumbnail storage, or once a library hits a certain size everything breaks.

userdata is stored in a different partition than where xbmc is installed. I'd like to see more info on this as there should be about 6GBs available. Hint "du" is you friend to find what is taking up space.
+1 to me.

Happened on my atv2 running 4.2.1 and the latest official release. Can still play files from the library and files that I manually navigate too but wont scan the library for new files.

Not sure if its related, but my date also changed to Dec 31, 1969.

I made no changes myself it just happened.
Has anyone heard if there are any developments to fix this problem? I'm still having this error occur particularly for tv shows, I can't import anything into the library without the error message popping up.
any ideas on this folks?
i had this problem every week or so for the last month
i thinks its a dhcp problem.. i set my atv2 to a static ip addy and its neva done it since Big Grin

hope this helps
I am still having this problem, has anyone found a solution other than the suggestion to set up static IP address on ATV2?

As this problem only started for me a couple of weeks back I don't understand how it could be a dhcp problem.

Also, when I select a particular TV show folder and scan for new content it comes thru fine. It is only a problem with the update library function.
Gdog70 Wrote:I am still having this problem, has anyone found a solution other than the suggestion to set up static IP address on ATV2?

As this problem only started for me a couple of weeks back I don't understand how it could be a dhcp problem.

Also, when I select a particular TV show folder and scan for new content it comes thru fine. It is only a problem with the update library function.

Not sure if you consider a DHCP reservation different from a static IP but that's what I use so I always know the IP of my atv2 and use it specifically in the sources.xml file. It's been the most stable config I could find and is stored on my router so I don't need to config the atv2 with a static IP every time I restore it.
I just started having this issue last night when trying to update my library. I can still play all my media from my server, airplay works and everything else seems to be fine. I've always had a static IP for my ATV2 and just to be sure I reconfigured everything with a new IP today and still have this issue. I running ATV build 4.1.1 with the office release of XBMC I installed back in February.

Does anyone have any idea why this issue is happening and how to fix it?
change your movie db scraper to IMDB, worked for me
Tried changing scraper to IMDB but still getting same problem "unable to connect to remote server"

Anyone else still having the same problem?
Same problem here, 'Unable to connect to remote server' and log is stating 'ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site' every time I try to scrape from TheMovieDB.

IMDb works fine for me, but I would rather not use it as the results are nowhere near as good as TheMovieDB in my opinion. TheTVDB works fine too.

I have tried the static IP suggestion, deleting the MyVideos51.db file, scanning one movie at a time.

Anyone got any further tips on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 " unable to connect to remote server"0