[AppleTV1] XBMC Plugins on ATV1
I'm looking to get an ATV1 to install XBMC on it. I currently have XBMC installed on my desktop PC and am wondering if all of the add-ons work with the ATV1 ?

Specifically, the HGTV, PBS and adult add-ons (LubeTube, etc.) ? Also, how about the add-ons that pull movies down from sites like Megaupload, etc. ?

Thanks,

Laz
the pbs plugin works I have it on my atv1. I do not really see a reason why the others wouldn't work as well, worst case you would have to wait for them to be fixed or fix them yourself. If you are going the atv1 route I would recommend putting in a crystalhd card assuming it would be hooked up to an hd tv, the install is pretty straight forward. I am guessing you can get the box for under 100usd, found mine on craigslist.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
To follow on from what Hudson said, check out the IceFilms plugin.that is brilliant for MegaUpload content and works great on ATV1.

I find that it struggles a bit with larger content. I have never managed to get HD content working but I don't have the card installed but for standard def stuff it worked for me straight out of the box ( so to speak ).
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
I use the MythBox plugin, which also works. The 'watch live tv' seems to struggle, but as it is not something we need then I have not persevered.

You need to do a bit of work to mount the mythtv files to a directory within ATV, then configure the plug in, but it does work. I found that there were how-to guides and documentation on the internet.

George
Ice films and navi-x divx based SD content playback great on the ATV1. A ton better than Flash or pseudo Flash content does. For the 720p content I find that it varies from stream to stream, probably to do with the bit rate the source material is encoded at but it does just fine with it more often than not. Since its taxing the processor, speed in terms of your internet connection and being wired rather wireless seems to be especially significant in terms of stuttering and rebuffers.

I would say DIVX streams are a godsend for this machine because Flash streams play so crappily by comparison. Icefilms is actually the most comprehensive source of streaming content that actually plays well on the ATV1 in either Boxee or XBMC.
Just curious, what is IceFillms actually doing ? It appears to be pulling content from Megaupload. I don't have a Megaupload premium account but it still seems to work fine. Is there a point at which you really need a premium account ?
Ice films is a popular online index for people's personal megaupload accounts. Most users use it online through their browser. Basically people start megaupload accounts and upload video content then submit them to icefilms.

Icefilms will put a captcha on the front in many instances to stop megaupload from getting cease and desist letters for copywritten materials and then make the submitted links accesable to the public. So icefilms is only a directory and not breaking the law (and their servers are not US based as well). Megaupload will take down files they get copywrite complaints about but icefilms as an intermediary stops google searches and bots from finding the user submitted links and lets people like you and me through to find the content.

So yes the content lives on megauploads but neither they nor icefilms is legally responsible for the content put up there - the individual users are. Basically the plug-in is negotiating massive html index site designed for a web browser and then opening the divx stream for xbmc when you hit play.

A premium account will cut down your wait to access other people's mega upload links but also allow you to put your own content up (or just use it as a big cloud online storage box). A free account will cut your wait time down to 25 seconds. I find the parsing of the icefilms index pages by the plug-in takes longer than the 25 seconds wait so I'm happy with the the "free" Mega account, personally.

On the other hand if you want to become a contributor of links to the larger icefilms project or can't live with the 25 seconds, a premium account is the way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] XBMC Plugins on ATV10