BCM4321 dosn't work on XBMC
Sad 
Hi,

Can you help me with new wifi card configuration under XBMC ?

I have it on Revo 3610 and I am newbe with linux Nerd

To be honest I found that one of the idea is to use ndiswraper but my friend does't recommend windows based solution.

Regards
TD
is the issue of configuration? ndiswraper will not help you with configuration.
To find out if it is working without extra drivers in linux boot a Ubuntu 10.04 liveCD and see if the wifi is working.

xbmcLive have not networkmanager...you will have to do it manually or install e.g. wicd-curses.
It doesn't. Already tried Smile
After booting live ver of last Ubuntu Request to install specific STA wifi Drivers but after confirmation and instalation Revo reboots and then again requests for installation the same drivers ... Sad
Quote:After booting live ver of last Ubuntu Request to install specific STA wifi Drivers but after confirmation and instalation Revo reboots and then again requests for installation the same drivers
That is probably because after reboot you are back to where you started? Smile

If you want to run this in Live you need to find the package name for the driver. If you are lucky there is a "show detail" in the ubuntu request you saw. If so take this down on a paper. If not you can look in ubuntuLive package manager or google it.

If you are not sure how to deal this a good way to learn is to install the ubuntu desktop and then as a exercise install the driver from command line and see if the starts to work. (after reboot I guess)
EDIT: The reason to learn to do this in a Ubuntu desktop is of course to isolate the driver issue from the config issue.

When you know how to install the driver from command line you install xbmcLIve insetead.
Drop to command line and install the driver. Then reboot and do this in command line.

Quote:sudo apt-get install wicd-curses

wicd-curses

You should now see the availabe networks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BCM4321 dosn't work on XBMC0