video add-ons crash xbmc back to frontrow
Hi All,

I'm going somewhat crazy here. Tonight I upgraded my ATV 2 to 4.2.1 and reinstalled xbmc.

However now I can use *any* of the video add-ons. They load fine, and I can navigate to the video I want to watch, but when I click to watch the video with the add-on, the ATV 2 "appears" (read: not sure) to reboot and go back to front row.

This wasn't happening prior to the update and I was using the same add-ons.

If anyone could advise what I am missing here, would be good Smile

Cheers
Have you tried resetting the file permissions? SSH in and type this command
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
Yep, have tried that.

The debug log isn't showing anything particularly strange either - in fact it seems to recognise the stream formats the add-ons are using just fine - it just crashed out when it goes to display them.
Well the problem is now resolved.

Installed the nightly build over the top of stable and it all just magically worked after that Smile
bcshort Wrote:Hi All,

I'm going somewhat crazy here. Tonight I upgraded my ATV 2 to 4.2.1 and reinstalled xbmc.

However now I can use *any* of the video add-ons. They load fine, and I can navigate to the video I want to watch, but when I click to watch the video with the add-on, the ATV 2 "appears" (read: not sure) to reboot and go back to front row.

This wasn't happening prior to the update and I was using the same add-ons.

If anyone could advise what I am missing here, would be good Smile

Cheers

i'm having this exact same problem. i did three other jb prior to this one, all 4.1.1. with greenpoison. the problem i'm having is with 4.2.1 and seasonpass. i downgraded to 4.1.1, did the greenposion jailbreak but it solved nothing.

as soon as i attempt to stream files with video add-ons ( i.e. icefilms, yahoo trailers, etc...) xbmc appears to reboot and returns to atv2 frontrow Eek
bcshort Wrote:Well the problem is now resolved.

Installed the nightly build over the top of stable and it all just magically worked after that Smile

I had the same problem and the same thing fixed it...
after updating to the latest nightly build, i've pinpointed my issue as follows

it seems that any video add-on added to my favorites will cause xbmc to react as described previously in this thread.

i have icefilms video add-on in my favorites and also as shortcut attached to my main menu. the problem is as follows

from the atv2 front row i open xbmc, if i attempt to open the add-on from the shortcut on the menu bar or from my favorites list, xbmc just hangs for a few seconds that reboots to atv2 front row. however if i go to the videos section, click on add-ons and select icefilms (or any video addon), it opens correctly and all is well.

funny thing is, after opening the add-on once from the video menu, you can close it and open it again from the favorites list or shortcut on the menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video add-ons crash xbmc back to frontrow0