Library Update Methods
So I access all my videos through smb. But for some reason lately my library no longer updates. Even when I manually clean my library its still not adding all the new episodes that have downloaded. What methods do you guys use to update?
I also have this problem. Found this possible answer in the wiki:

Why are settings or sources not stored and updates are failing?
This can happen when the setting xml files are manipulated outside XBMC. Connect to your iPad/ATV2 as root using an ssh client and repair file permissions.
Run the following command on the iPad/ATV2:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Will try it tomorrow and see if it works
do you mean updating for new content ?

it looks like themoviedb has been affected by the current Amazon outage...
What I am referring to is my TV library specifically (Although my movie library isnt showing up anymore... though its only two movies, my HDD is small so I rotate them in and out). For some reason when new episodes download the library isnt adding them on startup and I have to manually go to the video source to find them. And now, when I looked at it last night half my shows have disappeared in the TV directory. Everything still works fine if I go to Videos, but under TV its all gone.

Up to about a week and a half ago everything was working fine. I havent changed much of anything except skins, what could it be?
ozblogger Wrote:Go into your Sources (File Mode), edit them (change anything) and say yes when it asks to rescan ... it should begin scraping again
I'd also do a Clean Library & update Library
If still doesn't work, remove the Video.db manually (scp into atv2) and rescan

See this post from this thread here and see if it will help you. I was having the same type of problem and once I edited my source that did it. All I did was go in and delete where I had it named "Movies" then just typed it in again. From there you will hit ok then it will ask you about setting content. Once you set the type of content there is an option there to scan now or something like that and you should check that option. Once you "Ok" out of everything it should scan again. I hope this helps.
Yeah after readding movies as a source they are working fine, but my TV shows are still having issues.

Sometimes a fresh restart of XBMC will update my library, sometimes it won't and I'll have to access them directly through videos. Using clean library tends to remove about half my tv folders from my library which wont show back up until I restart xbmc.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
Did you do the same for your TV shows that you did for your movies?
I haven't tried removing the source yet, no. I'll try now though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Update Methods0