Can't access SMB shares on Windows 7 from XBMC???
Sad 
First, I have been using XBMC (OSX version) for 2½ years without this problem - so I'm not new to either XBMC, networking or Windows 7.

My problem:

I have XBMC (10.0) installed on my Mac Mini (OSX) and have several shares on my Windows 7 PC. I have streamed media files from these shares to XBMC/Mac in the past on a daily basis without any problems.

Today these shares can no longer be accessed from XBMC. XBMC simply refuse to connect with the username/password (which I know is 100% correct). I can acces the shares from OSX itself (from Finder) with the same user name and password. It's only XBMC that suddenly refuse to connect to them.
I can also access and stream files from my NAS server from XBMC without any problems and XBMC can see my Windows 7 machine and shares in the network - just not connect to them via SMB.
I have tried to restart my router, Mac, XBMC, Windows 7 PC - nothing helps!
I have also tried to change the password for the user, and even use another user that I know works - problem still persists for any user.
I have also tried to disable the software firewall on the Windows 7 PC.

Any idea what's going on there?

Any suggestions or help would be nice - thanks in advance!

/B
Beano Wrote:First, I have been using XBMC (OSX version) for 2½ years without this problem - so I'm not new to either XBMC, networking or Windows 7.

My problem:

I have XBMC (10.0) installed on my Mac Mini (OSX) and have several shares on my Windows 7 PC. I have streamed media files from these shares to XBMC/Mac in the past on a daily basis without any problems.

Today these shares can no longer be accessed from XBMC. XBMC simply refuse to connect with the username/password (which I know is 100% correct). I can acces the shares from OSX itself (from Finder) with the same user name and password. It's only XBMC that suddenly refuse to connect to them.
I can also access and stream files from my NAS server from XBMC without any problems and XBMC can see my Windows 7 machine and shares in the network - just not connect to them via SMB.
I have tried to restart my router, Mac, XBMC, Windows 7 PC - nothing helps!
I have also tried to change the password for the user, and even use another user that I know works - problem still persists for any user.
I have also tried to disable the software firewall on the Windows 7 PC.

Any idea what's going on there?

Any suggestions or help would be nice - thanks in advance!

/B

Hello,

Did you install Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant on the PC? That is the problem, uninstall the program and the access runs again.

hf guibaa
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
Try this option in W7:

The other problem is the Minimum Session Security for NTVLM SSP based Clients.
To get around this:

1. In Vista or Windows 7, open the Control Panel
2. Switch to “Classic” view
3. Double-click Administration Tools
4. Double-click Local Security Policy
5. Or Secpol.msc
6. Expand “Local Policies” and select “Security Options”
7. Alternate : Type secpol.msc to get editor up then
8. Locate “Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level” in the list and double-click it.
9. Change the setting from “Send NTMLv2 response only” to “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session if negotiated”
10. Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based (including secure RPC) Clients
11. Change the setting from “require 128 bit” to unchecked (No Minimum)
12. Click OK
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
I have the same issue. Mac mini connecting to XBMC shares that point to a win 7 machine. I have 4 other win7 xbmc clients that have no issues.

I tried idioteque's solution on the share host (win7) but had no luck, even after reboot.

If it helps, hereis the source path. kerplunk is the name of the win7 box. I can connect to it in finder with no issues. I assume I don't need to be ogged in to the mac with the media Id.

smb://media:<removed>@kerplunk/video/dvd/main/
Nevermind.. I was the Windows Live issue. I had Live Sync installed on that machine. Uninstalled and all is well!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access SMB shares on Windows 7 from XBMC???0