"Send To"
In Windows 7, when you right click on a video file in explorer and there is a "media renderer" in your network (like a smart TV), is there an option called "send to" and then you can send the video to play on the TV media server.

It would be nice to configura xbmc to play videos always into a media server in the network and not in the screen connected to the computer. This would allow controling xbmc on a laptop to search for the movie, read the info, etc. but once choosed the film to see, click on it and the movie start playing in the TV.

what about that? it is difficult to implement it?
HectorziN
You mean the DLNA AV feature called "Play To" right?
Yes, play to, I have Windows 7 in spanish and I translate it wrongly.

It would be useful to avoid connecting the laptop to the TV with a cable, but using it to navigate through the movies and series using XBMC library.
HectorziN
Why not just use the webinferface. That way you can controlled you TV ffrom your laptop. Probably in a more desktop friendly way also.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Why not just use the webinferface. That way you can controlled you TV ffrom your laptop. Probably in a more desktop friendly way also.

No, I can't, because the TV is not connected to a PC with XBMC

What I say is having a TV without XBMC, and then, from a laptop with XBMC navigate on the movies library and then start playing a movie choosen in the pc, but sending it to a TV through the network.

Have I explained it rightly? I am spanish and it is difficult for me explain it in english.
HectorziN
+1 I also thought of this before.

If I am understanding you correctly, You would like to see the equivalent of Win 7 "Play To" integrated directly into XBMC. This would make XBMC a UPNP ControlPoint and allow for using XBMC for easy access to sending media around the home.

Currently XBMC, is a UPNP MediaRenderer and MediaServer. Alot of the code is in place unfortunately, I do not possess the skillset to implement the idea.
hmmmm, I like where this is going. That means, I could get a upnp network receiver upstairs, and stream music to it.

What exactly is missing?
karatekickz Wrote:+1 I also thought of this before.

If I am understanding you correctly, You would like to see the equivalent of Win 7 "Play To" integrated directly into XBMC. This would make XBMC a UPNP ControlPoint and allow for using XBMC for easy access to sending media around the home.

Currently XBMC, is a UPNP MediaRenderer and MediaServer. Alot of the code is in place unfortunately, I do not possess the skillset to implement the idea.

Sorry for the tittle of the topic, it should be "Play to".

May this documentation help? http://upnp.org/resources/upnpresources.zip
HectorziN
I'm waiting for it. It would be wonderful especially in the android version.
Information 
I guess this is the same topic as discussed in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133906

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Send To"0