Animations? Eye Strain?
I wasn't sure how or where to ask/report this so I decided to just plop it here. My problem is when I am using certain skins I find my eye's straining a lot. It occurs with all my setups, which all vary in screen size & seating distance. The problem mainly occurs with viewtypes with a sliding animation. I find when the frames are not static and the artwork slides along in a complete motion my vision is aggravated. Good examples are in Alaska & Fusion, they are also where my family and friends have also noticed the problem. In other UI's as well as some xbmc skins the frames remain static with the artwork teleports according to the navigation. Maybe its the speed of the animation that is the problem, it just seem's hard to focus on the dramatic sweeping and bouncy motion the some viewtypes use. Hopefully someone can relate to my problem and maybe elaborate.
You could try messing around with the effectslowdown tag in the skins addon.xml.
Never experienced this... do you have the correct settings? VSync always on, maybe try to turn 100/200Hz (if available) on/off. The eye strain could be caused by your LCD-TV / TFT, did you try it with different displays? Did you notice the problem with other things, games or movies?
`Black Wrote:Never experienced this... do you have the correct settings? VSync always on, maybe try to turn 100/200Hz (if available) on/off. The eye strain could be caused by your LCD-TV / TFT, did you try it with different displays? Did you notice the problem with other things, games or movies?

It's the same with a range of monitors and TV screens (led + plasma), It seems to be an issue with specific skins and not effected by hardware. After a little more investigation I have found that fusion is the most distressing while xperience has similar animations yet no issues with my vision. I will mess around with hitchers suggestion, should be an effective solution considering the comparison between xperience and fusion.
That might be true.
There are skins which are easier on eyes and some which have quite hard animations.

It depend also how the skinners include their animations.
IIRC, vertical animations are more easier on your eyes than horizontal ones.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hmm I can't imaging why one skin would be worse than another. Perhaps its just a specific view "type" your eyes are having issues with. Which views specifically cause concern?

Try comparing similar views with similar animations, ie wrap views like in fusion and alaska, as well as confluence and many others. There isn't alot to do with those as far as the scrolling goes other than changing the scroll speed itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animations? Eye Strain?0