Compatible accelerated graphics cards
I'm thinking of buying a compact HTPC, but I'm unsure if the HD video content will be able to use the internal graphics card during video playback.
Is there a list with "compatible" cards that can be used for video acceleration?
The card I'm interested in is NVIDIA® GT218-ION Graphics, is this supported by XBMC? Other ION graphics cards, are all supported?

Thanks!
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
You should really search the forums for the answer to that question. While IONs are generally supported, there are some diffedrences with regards to ion1, ion2 etc. These have all been covered numerous times here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Clumsy Wrote:You should really search the forums for the answer to that question. While IONs are generally supported, there are some diffedrences with regards to ion1, ion2 etc. These have all been covered numerous times here.

Yeah, ION1 and other desktop cards in the same family of hardware acceleration have some resolutoin limits. It seems that 99% of the time it won't be an issue but 1% of the time you'll have a movie at an unplayable resolution. I'd say go ION2 or better if you're going ION at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compatible accelerated graphics cards0