[LINUX]Playing video on XBMC resets underscan fix with Radeon
Hi,

I have a Radeon AMD3250HD integrated video card with latest catalyst proprietory drivers. I've always had a problem with underscan (black bars around screen), but fixed it using this link http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.ph...09508.html and created an executable file on startup called "ati-underscan" with the contents;

Quote:#!/bin/bash

aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeX:1080
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeY:1920

Which completely fixed my problem. However, when I start a video on xbmc, it resets the resolution settings and I once again get the underscan. Is there a way I can get xbmc to run my "ati-underscan" file before playing a video? Perhaps adding code to a config or xml file?

Thanks
For the masses who have given up on using ATI (AMD) Video cards on Linux and XBMC due to the underscan problem and the apparant removal of the underscan/overscan slider in Catalyst Control centre, follow the details in the above link, and in XBMC ensure "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC is turned off. The underscan issue needs to be implemeneted on every refresh rate seperately, so playing everything at 60Mhz (as with the config above) fixes it. It seems that ATI/AMD in their wisdom have introduced the underscan issue without a way to easily fix it. Lets hope they pull there fingers out and get on top of it as many are giving up and moving to nvidia (as I was about to before I worked it out).
The Bagwan Wrote:Hi,

I have a Radeon AMD3250HD integrated video card with latest catalyst proprietory drivers. I've always had a problem with underscan (black bars around screen), but fixed it using this link http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.ph...09508.html and created an executable file on startup called "ati-underscan" with the contents;

Which completely fixed my problem. However, when I start a video on xbmc, it resets the resolution settings and I once again get the underscan. Is there a way I can get xbmc to run my "ati-underscan" file before playing a video? Perhaps adding code to a config or xml file?

Thanks

I think the sizeX and sizeY values are inverted.

Also, auto-execute this on boot, on an HTPC with ubuntu-minimal and self-built XBMC, I added the 4 commands to the XBMC startup script, which in my case is /usr/bin/runXBMC

Code:
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp1,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp1,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp1,sizeX:1920
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp1,sizeX:1920

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX]Playing video on XBMC resets underscan fix with Radeon0