[MOD] Mediastream atv2 optimized
ZStream Current Release 0.4
04/29/2011

Ok so recently i started to use my atv2 as my main setup for the living room (why i don't know, just curious i guess) it had been collecting dust since the day i brought it.

I chose mediastream as my skin of choice but wanted to change a few things to my liking/atv remote friendly this was just a personal mod for me and the family but have decided to release what i have got so far basically for now i have been working on the home screen.

Thanks to JezzX and team Razorfish for this awesome skin.

This skin requires the latest xbmc nightly build for recently added to work on windows

and for atv2 users its best used with the unofficial semi-nightly xbmc builds tutorial can be found here.

What i have done so far. (what you see is what you get)

*New Aeon like view
*New recently added tvshows
*New recently added movies
*New slimmer home blade
*New slimmer submenu
*Atv2 mode (when selected the skin will be atv2 optimized still a wip)
*Ellipsis analog clock added
*New look favorites menu
*Access media controls for now playing by pressing left twice in home menu(for atv2 remote)
*Home visualization
*fixed anything that was playing up in home menu on atv2

Coming next release!

*Working on new look recently added now
*One new view
*More atv2 optimization

Like i said nothing really new here atm its early days with this so don't expect any major changes just now but hopefully it will take shape very soon.

Skin download link below!

Get it here!

New release is out 0.4 whats new is redesign of the recently added movies/Tv shows and new aeon like view see bottom

New version is out now

*New recently added widgets
*New recently added design
*New Aeon like view
Hi ZombieRobot

just installed your skin on my Asrosk ION Vision 3D looking good so far M8 the only thing is i get the the music min player on my screen the one in your image 2 but i get no controls on it like stop forward and skip and so on can you help m8

all the best Glen

( United Kingdom Birmingham )

PS Keep up the Good work
YO ZOMBIE ... didn't notice you're working on ZSTREAM Smile looks intersesting ...
great work!

Cheers
G500 Wrote:Hi ZombieRobot

just installed your skin on my Asrosk ION Vision 3D looking good so far M8 the only thing is i get the the music min player on my screen the one in your image 2 but i get no controls on it like stop forward and skip and so on can you help m8

all the best Glen

( United Kingdom Birmingham )

PS Keep up the Good work

yeah mate you have to click left twice in home to bring it up
butchabay Wrote:YO ZOMBIE ... didn't notice you're working on ZSTREAM Smile looks intersesting ...
great work!

Cheers

Cheers butch just a personal mod i thought i would share dont have a lot of time to do anything major
Any new updates? Any chance of adding studio logos?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Nice skin i'm using it in my ATV2.
What does the Atv2 mode do?
orons Wrote:Nice skin i'm using it in my ATV2.
What does the Atv2 mode do?

it eventually when enabled it will switch to lite textures for faster preformance also will disable any cpu hungry options/load less textures but the user in settings will be able to activate each disabled option back on again basically it will change to a lite verson of the skin at the moment it works but as i deit the skin i will add more and more to it the end result will be a fast skin.
will add studio logos in next release 0.5 also have modded some of the origional views and added recently added music and recently added album toggle between the two,new codec/studio flags

next release due in 4 days

any input on if i should keep old media view over my new slim media view would be awesome

Old media view vs new slim media view

new edited medialist view
(looks the same as before just slimmed it down a bit)
The new view is more informative, may be it should be included in the next release. Another thing, you can add provision for adding colored logos (credit to Simzer0, repo maintained by Kisuan)by providing a link to the respective repo/ link in the 1st post. Pls don't include studios in textures.xbt if you make it one.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:The new view is more informative, may be it should be included in the next release. Another thing, you can add provision for adding colored logos (credit to Simzer0, repo maintained by Kisuan)by providing a link to the respective repo/ link in the 1st post. Pls don't include studios in textures.xbt if you make it one.

Just had a look at the studio logos looks nice will see what i can do
to anyone who is using this mod i have been working hard on aeon showmix lately just got to push out the next release of that and will do some more on z stream
this is an awsome skin, have you got it hosted on a repo so it can get it to automaticly update itself? Any news when the 0.5 release is out? and will it work with the latest nightlys as it doesnt work anymore

once again excellent work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Mediastream atv2 optimized0