Are there a music search function?
I've just got all my music into xbmc, but I'm missing the option of bringing up a console where I can search for a number I want too hear. Is this possible or not yet build in?
Search is available from the Library so you need to scan your music first.
Scan, what do you mean? I have added the path where the music is..
This should help you out: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...he_Library
-stoli-
I don't think that you understand me. I have added the source and I can also play all my music. What I'm asking for is a console where I for example can type "rihanna" and all with rihanna pops up, so I don't have to scroll all the time.
What he's saying is, "Yes", but you need to have it in library mode.

There is library mode, and there is file mode.

If you add the source but don't scan for metadata, and you are just accessing your files as they appear in their directory, then you are in file mode.

The difference is that in library mode there is an actual database of information for each song, with specific fields for "artist", "title", etc... not just what is in the file names or the id3 tags themselves, although the database draws off the id3 tags when you scan the files.

The database of library is searchable, filenames themselves are not. I actually don't know that the file mode is not searchable in itself, but I assume the other people responding know what they are talking about. I'm just explaining the difference between file mode and library mode, and why their answers make sense.
you need to use library view for that, you are using file view. rt click the music folder and add it to the library. files are searchable from within the library, not file view.
Okay, thanks I will try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there a music search function?0