• 2(current)
[RELEASE] crackle.com
I got it working by installing a nightly build.

One feature I would like is to be able to read the movie / show description to see what it is about.
jostster Wrote:I got it working by installing a nightly build.

One feature I would like is to be able to read the movie / show description to see what it is about.

yeah, finding a way of getting all the information from the site without loading a huge amount of pages (an thus slowing it down even more) is a problem. but i might have another go sometime.

thanks,

t0mm0
It looks like the code is in place for it but maybe the regex is not picking up the plot in get_videos in crackle.py?
jostster Wrote:It looks like the code is in place for it but maybe the regex is not picking up the plot in get_videos in crackle.py?

maybe i'm not understanding what you mean?

i just tried a load of random movies and tv shows and all of them showed the movie description along with other info like mpaa rating and director where available. to see this press 'i' or choose movie information from the context menu (this is grabbed by the code you mention in get_videos).

what i don't currently scrape is the information at the menu level above that (the show) because the page i scrape for that (for example) doesn't have the info on it. it would require another page grab for each show. i already do this at the video level (grab a separate page for each video) but i thought that adding it during the navigation would probably slow it down too much (especially if you are not in the US and use the proxy setting like me!) and there are normally less results in the video lists than the show lists. crackle has loads of different ways of accessing it's data - at least iphone app, chrome app and web site so there may be better pages somewhere that i could scrape from - let me know if you come across any!

does that make sense?

thanks,

t0mm0
Yes makes sense. On the ATV2 I don't see any of the mpaa rating or description. All I see is the title and the image of the video.

I used Seas0nPass to jailbreak my ATV2 and it auto installed xbmc on it. I then ssh'ed in and installed your plugin repo and installed crackle from there. I would check the logs to see what is going on but I don't know where they are. Everyone is saying they are in the frontrow users logs directory but I don't have a frontrow user... atleast the /etc/passwd doesn't show one.

Am I missing something?
jostster Wrote:Yes makes sense. On the ATV2 I don't see any of the mpaa rating or description. All I see is the title and the image of the video.

I used Seas0nPass to jailbreak my ATV2 and it auto installed xbmc on it. I then ssh'ed in and installed your plugin repo and installed crackle from there. I would check the logs to see what is going on but I don't know where they are. Everyone is saying they are in the frontrow users logs directory but I don't have a frontrow user... atleast the /etc/passwd doesn't show one.

Am I missing something?

can't help you there i'm afraid as i don't have an atv2 Sad

so are you getting as far as clicking on 'movie information' in the context menu and seeing no details on a video link?

if not i think someone said you need to hold the menu key to get to the context menu on atv2.

thanks,

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:can't help you there i'm afraid as i don't have an atv2 Sad

so are you getting as far as clicking on 'movie information' in the context menu and seeing no details on a video link?

if not i think someone said you need to hold the menu key to get to the context menu on atv2.

thanks,

t0mm0

Awesome! that worked. I had to hold down the menu button for a context menu to open up so that I could click movie information!

Sorry I was thinking the description would show to the right of the list above the movie image.

Awesome work on the plugin! Love it!

One thing I noticed though is even when I click full length movies it still adds the clips in. This could be an error on crackle not categorizing them right.
jostster Wrote:Awesome! that worked. I had to hold down the menu button for a context menu to open up so that I could click movie information!

Sorry I was thinking the description would show to the right of the list above the movie image.

Awesome work on the plugin! Love it!

One thing I noticed though is even when I click full length movies it still adds the clips in. This could be an error on crackle not categorizing them right.

that's just how the site works, think of it as a filter - 'only show movies/shows which include a full length version'. i think they do this as most countries don't get many full length shows or movies, just the clips. certainly here in the UK if i take the proxy setting out i only get a few movies when i select 'full length' compared to over 200 with a US proxy Wink once you select the show/movie you will see all media for that show/movie including full length, trailers, clips, minisodes etc that are available in your region (or your proxy's region Wink)

thanks,

t0mm0
Thanks for the awesome add-on, I enjoy all the old sit-coms it provides.

The bad news is it stopped working for me. When I try to select a show I get this error -
Code:
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "C:\Users\divingmule\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.crackle\default.py", line 110, in ?
       videos = crack.get_videos(Addon.plugin_queries['cid'], quality=quality, page=page)
       File "C:\Users\divingmule\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.crackle\resources\lib\crackle.py", line 110, in get_videos
       rating, title, plot = re.search('Rating: (.+?)<\/b>.+?"mediaTitle">(.+?)<\/h3>.*?"mediaDesc">(.+?)<\/div>', d, re.DOTALL).groups()
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

Just a heads up, thanks.
divingmule Wrote:Thanks for the awesome add-on, I enjoy all the old sit-coms it provides.

The bad news is it stopped working for me. When I try to select a show I get this error -
Code:
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "C:\Users\divingmule\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.crackle\default.py", line 110, in ?
       videos = crack.get_videos(Addon.plugin_queries['cid'], quality=quality, page=page)
       File "C:\Users\divingmule\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.crackle\resources\lib\crackle.py", line 110, in get_videos
       rating, title, plot = re.search('Rating: (.+?)<\/b>.+?"mediaTitle">(.+?)<\/h3>.*?"mediaDesc">(.+?)<\/div>', d, re.DOTALL).groups()
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

Just a heads up, thanks.

thanks divingmule! they changed the html a bit which broke my regex.

v0.1.1 is now in the repos and should fix the problem.

thanks,

t0mm0
Any way of adding login credentials to this plugin or age verification, some of the content require age verification.
bharath23 Wrote:Any way of adding login credentials to this plugin or age verification, some of the content require age verification.

can you point me at something that requires age verification and i'll take a look?

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:can you point me at something that requires age verification and i'll take a look?

t0mm0

There are a few R rated movies any one of them should be useful I hope, one such would be http://www.crackle.com/c/Hardbodies
Is this plugin still working? I've installed it via the SVN repo installer on my XBox and I just get a "script failed!" error when I try to load the plugin.
Thanks t0mm0 for this great add on, i am looking for the best proxy port to enjoy it, can yo sugest??

Thanks again!!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] crackle.com1