Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Live?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have live running on a revo and it doesn't appear there are any upgrades for it? Have upgraded my windows and linux builds and they have a newer confluence.. but my live wont upgrade for it.
Is there another repo i have to add for the linux build that wasn't integrated in?
confluence is a skin and is updated separatly from xbmc.

to udate live 10 to xbmc 10.1 (safely)

Quote:sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
vikjon0 Wrote:confluence is a skin and is updated separatly from xbmc.

to udate live 10 to xbmc 10.1 (safely)

states xbmc is already up to date... but confluence isnt a skins option in the addon manager... from my experience with all the other builds, the new version is bundled in the xbmc package.
Ok, I now understand what you mean. That maybe be true, but I have not checked. I am pretty sure you can manually install newer version or enable update. If you are correct I assume the reason is they do not want break default skin.

To get newer xbmc (unstable)
Normally you would have to switch repo from stable to nightly but I am not sure if it is running. If that is correct you have to compile from source.
vikjon0 Wrote:Ok, I now understand what you mean. That maybe be true, but I have not checked. I am pretty sure you can manually install newer version or enable update. If you are correct I assume the reason is they do not want break default skin.

To get newer xbmc (unstable)
Normally you would have to switch repo from stable to nightly but I am not sure if it is running. If that is correct you have to compile from source.

Any idea how to switch to the nightly repo?
compile from source is best then adding the unreliable unstable repo.
Add the unstable xbmc ppa:

ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
teeedubb Wrote:Add the unstable xbmc ppa:

ppa:team-xbmc/unstable

Awesome that is what i needed...
I already compile for ios.... need one less thing to compile

Any idea what

xbmc-live: Depends: uxlaunch but it is not installable

is about?