Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: everything is there, but the REMOTE doesnt work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just like the title says. just recently got an Archo 101 and the official XBMC remote

after a few missed times i got the Now Playing to work and it correctly displays my Movies and TV Shows.

i can select a Movie or Episode and play it, but I cannot stop it, pause it or do anything with the Remote aspect.

i checked my settings and all seemed well

thanks for any and all help anyone can give me, its a great app!

joe
same problem on the most recent XBMC remote and Dharma... Anyone know whats happening ? There are no error messages or anything and album art shows - just no control whatsoever...
I suppose you both checked the Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC setting in XBMC?

hi freezy, thanks for the reply.

i am 99.9% sure i did. i made sure everything was allowing access. i will double check when i get home.

what was weird was the remote worked initially when the rest of the XBMC remote did not (couldnt connect, could not see movies, tv shows ect...) then after i got the ports and authentication worked out...they switched!

i suppose id rather be able to see my collection and choose a video vs. play/pause but, hell, itd be nice to have my cake and eat it too! haha

thanks again for the help

joe
I'm having the same problem too - either of you get it solved?
NO SIR - i did check the settings, everything seems to be in order.

any other ideas out there?

i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail.
Hey Guys... I did have the same problem with my Motorola Defy. I went into system setup in XBMC and changed the Web interface into some other which can be downloaded and back to default. Since then I can use the remote control.

Perhaps it works? maybe it was pure random result...
well, i fixed my issue.

it was my Event Port Server (going by memory here, so if thats not it exacatllyy im sorry lol)

however i had mine changed to port 8080 - well, recently i got an android phone (lg optimus) and loaded XBMC on there and it worked perfectly. so i compared the settings.

my event server port (or vice versa) should have been 9777 - i assume this is for everyone, so give it a try and you should be good!

thanks !