Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(2021-03-05, 05:07)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-05, 04:43)nammin Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to add it to my keymap I already have but it didn't work
See if you missed any steps... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2420219
yeah that didnt work either
Sorry for necroing this thread, but...

do you still need to enable sync playback to display for tempoup/down ? and if yes, why? I have adjust display refresh rate enabled which works fine and had some weird playback issues with sync playback...
You need to enable Sync Playback to Display as the audio needs to be resampled in sync with the video.
Many thanks for your reply. I understand. 

Two things

a) can I enable sync when I have adjust display refresh rate enabled? Or will they interefere/override each other?
b) I would suggest adding a note somewhere on wiki that this needs to be enabled and an error notification in kodi on tempoup/down that it isnt supported when the option is not set. Do you agree?

Many thanks
(2021-12-30, 20:15)ralfonat Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for your reply. I understand. 

Two things

a) can I enable sync when I have adjust display refresh rate enabled? Or will they interefere/override each other?
b) I would suggest adding a note somewhere on wiki that this needs to be enabled and an error notification in kodi on tempoup/down that it isnt supported when the option is not set. Do you agree?

Many thanks
Most of us are wondering why Kodi doesn't have an option to auto-enable "Sync Playback to Display" when Speed up/slow down is turned on, and then auto-disabled when going back to 1.0x.
On my main system it means I have to keep manually selecting that option or Dolby/DTS is re-encoded at 1x speed when it should be passthrough-ed to my tuner.
On my bedroom TV it kind of sucks two, because even though it is a stereo setup, hardware playback hiccups at 1x will cause warbling in the audio that otherwise wouldn't happen.
I feel you. I have been thinking if this could be done by a script.

bind keys to execute python script with args tempoup/down

In the script verify that sync is enabled via:

* JSONRPC to enable videoplayer.usedisplayasclock (sync refresh to display)

make a monitor subclass that checks for playback ended -> reset previous values.

It's kind of a hack n slay approach. 

You cannot (as far as i see) get the current tempo setting via pyhton so you can't disable sync display again when tempo is 1.0 unless you try and count the tempo ups/downs, again a guesstimate route i'd rather not take.

Also this would probably have to be implemented as a service addon so it can track the previous sync-display value and re-set it.

However then you would need to be able to send commands via keymap->action to the service addon to increase/decrease tempo... Not sure if/how that works.

Can anyone chime in?
(2021-12-31, 18:24)ralfonat Wrote: [ -> ]I feel you. I have been thinking if this could be done by a script.

bind keys to execute python script with args tempoup/down

In the script verify that sync is enabled via:

* JSONRPC to enable videoplayer.usedisplayasclock (sync refresh to display)

make a monitor subclass that checks for playback ended -> reset previous values.

It's kind of a hack n slay approach. 

You cannot (as far as i see) get the current tempo setting via pyhton so you can't disable sync display again when tempo is 1.0 unless you try and count the tempo ups/downs, again a guesstimate route i'd rather not take.

Also this would probably have to be implemented as a service addon so it can track the previous sync-display value and re-set it.

However then you would need to be able to send commands via keymap->action to the service addon to increase/decrease tempo... Not sure if/how that works.

Can anyone chime in?
One of the problems was recently fixed about the audio sync https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20745 you should try the latest matrix nightly.
As far as auto setting sync to display goes I use the audio profiles plugin to enable the option for stereo audio and not for the rest. You can also set the plugin to ask you every time you start a video
Does jump / seek work well with increased playback speed?
If I jump ("seek forward") for 5/10/30 seconds - video freezes for several seconds. Changing cache size or video settings - does not help.
And I have this issue on all my devices.

UPD: looks like this issue will be fixed in v21.
Yeah, I also see some quirks with jump/seek/skip (whatever these are called) while playback speed is increased. Sometimes it creates lip sync issues, and sometimes it'll freeze and you have to restart the video (or Kodi). Just weird stuff, but not always easy to reproduce. Definitely needs some fine tuning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34