Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help with case choice, please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

seems that the choice for a fitting case is what takes up most of my time when building my HTPC.

For the heart of the system I decided to go for the ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE. Some RAM and a big HDD and all is done, except the hunt for the case is quite fruitless.

I have scoured the web and of course been looking through a plethora of already existing threads (like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99065) here. But finding a case that fits my needs and one that is available either in Europe or NZ is friggin hard.

So here's what I am looking for:

It should be as small as possible. I have looked at cases the size of the Antec ISK 310-150 but would like to skip the internal big PSU to reduce size (also this case does not have space for a 3.5"er). So I am basically looking for a case that can house the Mobo with that bigass passive cooler, a 3.5" HDD and a pico-like external psu (I am also trying to reach minimal noise levels by choosing the external PSU). Something along the lines of max. 25cmx25cmx15cm (WxDxH) should be possible, right?

I have no need for any kind of optical drive.

Hope you can help, because I am losing any kind of overview I seemed to have.
Have a look at the Compucase 8k01.

David
it's a little bigger than what you are asking, but it may be ok:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p...2&area=usa
Thanks guys,

that Silverstone LC12 looks yummy. It is very much what I am looking for. Small, external PSU, space for all my components. Only found a french review, though they seem to like it ... those french Wink

Will the 60W version be enough though? What kind of minimum requirements am I looking for? Assuming that my minimum config is motherboard + HDD + RAM and my maximum config with additional optical drive and/or SSD.

The other two don't quite do it for me. 26x31 and 30x34 is a little too big on the real estate side. I like'em more cube style. Thanks though.

If anyone cares, I have also come across these:

In-Win BM639 120W
In-Win BM648 120W
In-Win BM650 120W

http://www.in-win.com.tw

Although I have found mixed reviews on these.

If anyone can think of more like what we have here so far, keep'em coming Smile
Now that I have come across Silverstone thanks to you guys, I have found another case that has received good reviews and is actually available here in NZ.

Silverstone Sugo SG06B

It comes at about 170$NZ which is slightly above my budget but cheaper then importing the LC12 which would be around 275$NZ incl. international shipping.

Even though the PSU is internal (300W) it still comes as a 22cm x 18cm x 29cm sized case, which is almost identical to the LC12.

I fell I am getting closer Smile
Just to bump my question:

Will the 60W version be enough though? What kind of minimum requirements am I looking for? Assuming that my minimum config is motherboard + HDD + RAM and my maximum config with additional optical drive and/or SSD.

Cheers
Yeah, I think it should suffice, since the motherboard + cpu + ram power requirements aren't big at all.