Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help with nfo files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

as far as i understand it is recommended to have each movie in a separte folder which is unfortunately not the case with me. All single video files (AVI, MP4, MPG etc) are listed in only one directory and i do not want to change this.

I searched the movie infos with different scrapers and they did find approx. 80% of the videos. I read somewhere that if NFO files with media infos were found, these will be taken for scraping the right movie infos, so i decided to do this for the rest.

I did create NFO files with Ember Media Manager which were written in the movies's directory and have the same name except the extension but after rescrape no new video infos were found.

Do i misunderstand something or how should i have to make it ?

Greetings
angryjack
try using 'scan for new content' instead of update library.
Sorry for the delayed reply.

The reason why it did not work with the nfo's was that i was using UPNP connection with my ATV2 instead of SMB. With UPNP i also could not change the movie's name and the nfo's were ignored.

After i changed to SMB, i first scraped the content of my movie folder and for those videos which were not found i do a manual scraping with Ember which is saving the nfo file, poster and fanart on the harddisk.

Thank you !

Greetings
angryjack