Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Microclient ebox or Sheevaplug for Saz, Sickbeard and Couch Potato?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking with some interest at the Norhtec MicroClient products (http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjr/index.html) or the Sheevaplug as possible options to run as a download engine.

Assuming I can run a basic Linux distro on them which supports a HTTP server, would these be suitable for such a use? I'm thinking that I could have the actual downloads being stored on my FreeNAS box and literally just use the micro device to run the apps and carry out the download?

What do you think?

Thanks,
I ran Sickbeard and Couch Potato on mine. Not sure what Saz is, but I also ran SABnzbd on it too. Unpacking isn't the fastest thing in the world, but it works. Low power too.
Thanks for that, useful feedback. Smile

I did of course mean SABnzbd, not quite sure what happened to the rest of the letters in the version I typed!

TBH I'm not massively fussed about speed, so long as it will run OK. Just thinking of leaving it to "get on with it" and as and when it completes episodes etc. XBMC will pick them up. I have a fair old backlog of stuff that I haven't yet watched, so no major hurry for new content.