Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arrows on XBMC unresponsive on first launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks

I seem to have problems on all my ATV2's and my Acer Revo. When I launch a plugin such as Icefilms, BBC iPlayer etc, when it first loads the buttons on my apple remote/hippo remote/rowmote app become unresponsive and dont do anything. I have to back out to the main screen then reload the plugin for it to work.

Anyone else have that problem?
I've actually noticed this as well using the nightlies.
I've been tinkering with the keyboard handling and it's possible I've broken something, though the symptoms sound very odd. The remote should be working through LIRC and therefore not affected by changes to the keyboard code.

JR
It's basically when I go in to a plugin I cannot use my remote to go up, down or select despite there still being navigation sounds. I can back out of the plugin then go back in and it will work.

Im not using a nightly on my Revo but still does it. One of my ATV's are on a recent nightly however
jhsrennie Wrote:I've been tinkering with the keyboard handling and it's possible I've broken something, though the symptoms sound very odd. The remote should be working through LIRC and therefore not affected by changes to the keyboard code.

JR

There are multiple remotes these days handled by the input system with no lirc involved. Btw, recent changes broke vol+ and vol- as numpadplus/minus is reported instead of plus/minus.
vdrfan Wrote:There are multiple remotes these days handled by the input system with no lirc involved. Btw, recent changes broke vol+ and vol- as numpadplus/minus is reported instead of plus/minus.

I'm using Apple remote and also Rowmote & Hipporemote iPhone apps. Does it with all three!
This happens with keyboard as well. It seems that control is being lost somewhere and the only way out is back/esc.
you're right. It is only the nightlies. I didn't realise my revo was on a nightly - I just reverted back to official release and it's working ok.
vdrfan Wrote:Btw, recent changes broke vol+ and vol- as numpadplus/minus is reported instead of plus/minus.

Assuming my changes get the OK, We'll need new mappings for all the numpad keys, e.g. 8 will be <eight> on the main keyboard and <numpadeight> on the numeric keypad. I'll modify keyboard.xml as required after my changes are pushed to the trunk.

JR
ajnicho Wrote:you're right. It is only the nightlies. I didn't realise my revo was on a nightly - I just reverted back to official release and it's working ok.

Can you record a suitable debug log and pop it on pastebin for me to have a look at.

If the keyboard is involved I know of a possible cause. The nightly builds have some part finished keyboard handling code and I've found one problem with OSX (and possibly also the ATV2).

JR
If anyone is still having this problem can you try todays build, xbmc-20110511-922e218-master-x86.dmg

Thanks,

JR
I'll try it out tonight.

Sorry for not posting a log, last week has just been hectic. If I'm still having problems I'll try to post a log tonight - hopefully it's fixed it.
Unfortunately it didn't fix it for me on my Windows 7 machine. I'll try an get a log posted some time tomorrow
ajnicho Wrote:Unfortunately it didn't fix it for me on my Windows 7 machine. I'll try an get a log posted some time tomorrow

Can you give me a step by step guide to reproduce this, because I can't get it to happen here.

JR
Launch XBMC > load a plugin from favourites, such as IceFilms (but also iPlayer or LiveOnlineFooty) > then try to navigate through the list by pressing down or select. It makes a noise but doesnt move.

The only way to get out is to press escape on the HippoRemote or Menu on ATV2 remote. If I then re-launch the plugin it works fine.

I'll post a log tonight after I figure out how to do it. Smile
Pages: 1 2