Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Weird audio problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First post!
So here's my details:

Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
Intel D865GBF motherboard
1 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce Ti 4200 (AGP 8X)
Ensoniq AudioPCI ES1371 sound card
**i686 architecture
1TB SATA hard drive
(Yes, it's a bunch of old parts I put together)

XBMC Live 10.1 installed to the HDD

Here's my xbmc.log:
http://pastebin.com/U9ebtJ2k (sorry for external link, I couldn't figure out how to insert it as a code segment)

THE PROBLEM:
No sound -- pretty self-explanatory. No menu sounds, no video sound, no audio file sound, etc. I can find no way to make my system output sound.
**I have only tested this with a MP3 file and WMV file, but I feel like the absence of the menu sounds indicate a larger problem than any codec issue.
I have used both a PCI sound card and the motherboard sound.
I have used every setting (for Analog) in the Audio settings. (I just have some Logitech X-540s hooked up, so no digital sound.)
I have maxed out and unmuted every option in alsamixer.
I have checked the audio settings menu to see if I had lowered the volume.
I reinstalled XBMC live to see if some default setting had been messed up.

Still no sound.

This is also weird because, prior to reinstalling, I did get sound. Once. I got it to play sound for both audio and video files. But then I restarted and they went away -- I conveniently did not know what I did to fix it. It just happened. Then, later, after many more modifications and reboots, I got it to play extremely quiet, staticy sounds. Then even those disappeared.

Does anyone know how to fix this or at least point me in the right direction? Maybe it's something with asound.conf, but no post/guide that I've found actually detailed how to do anything with it, nor did they seem like they would solve my problem.

And yes, I have extensively used many search functions. While I have found many suggestions, I have not found a solution.

Thanks for any help.