Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing VOBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to XBMC on the PC and the ATV2. Same problem both places. On the ATV2 on the main screen using the media player, the VOBs are detected and movies play with a single click. From within XBMC under videos, I can see the directories for the ripped DVDs but i have to drill down inside of the file into the VIDEO_TS folder and I can then see the video files. they play individually, but what a pain... I am sure I am missing something simple.Huh
mel.phillips Wrote:I am new to XBMC on the PC and the ATV2. Same problem both places. On the ATV2 on the main screen using the media player, the VOBs are detected and movies play with a single click. From within XBMC under videos, I can see the directories for the ripped DVDs but i have to drill down inside of the file into the VIDEO_TS folder and I can then see the video files. they play individually, but what a pain... I am sure I am missing something simple.Huh
The way i do it and many others is to rip your DVD to a single .iso file or if you do not want the menus then rip the dvd to one single .vob file.
Either the .iso and .vob file are then scrapeable.
From my day's on xbox i seem to remember a setting for file stacking this would solve your problems but i can't find that setting on my xbmc for windows.

There are plenty of apps on the net that will use your existing dvd rips and turn them into .iso files or use a .vob merger to create one .vob
Hope this helps you a littleWink
enable stacking in the lhs menu. and you're done.
Can't you just press play on the folder where the files are, rather than drilling down into the folder to play the files individually? Or alternatively play the .ifo file.

JR
or do what i said, as that stacks the folder down to the video_ts.ifo file......