Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: suggestion for the thumbnail view mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i hv a small suggestion for the thumbnail view mode. If the thumbnails lying on either sides can be made a little smaller and say there are 3 or 4 such thumbnails on each side (in place of 2 now) with added reflection effect on them I thnk it will b fabulous. Also a sumwhat darker background images in the movie nd vid pages wud be gr8. The wall view mode lacks the reflection effect which if present cud hv made the skn perfect. I guess the perfect mouse compatibility has given transparency! an edge over aeon. The reflection effects r missing though.Wink
surya1987 Wrote:i hv a small suggestion for the thumbnail view mode. If the thumbnails lying on either sides can be made a little smaller and say there are 3 or 4 such thumbnails on each side (in place of 2 now) with added reflection effect on them I thnk it will b fabulous.
thanx for the suggestion :-)
the thumbnail view is a so-called 'panel view (ie you can navigate up/down and left/right). there are limitations in xbmc to what you can do with a panel view and one limitation is that every item on the panel has to size size and layout.
so what you're suggesting is simply not possible. ;-)
surya1987 Wrote:Also a sumwhat darker background images in the movie nd vid pages wud be gr8.
could be a matter of personal taste. you can select a custom background for those in Skin Settings > Backgrounds
or just make them a bit darker yourself, the images are stored in skin.transparency\media
surya1987 Wrote:The wall view mode lacks the reflection effect which if present cud hv made the skn perfect.
i'm not quite sure what/where you want a reflection?
to the focused movie cover?
I m sorry I meant to say the icon view mode (not thumbnail). Reflection effect on the dvd covers is what I wud like to hv. Both in icon view mode and wall (highlighted) view mode.
surya1987 Wrote:I m sorry I meant to say the icon view mode (not thumbnail). Reflection effect on the dvd covers is what I wud like to hv. Both in icon view mode and wall (highlighted) view mode.

both views do have some reflection (more of a highlight) on the covers,
although very subtle: