Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Htpc zotac or xstreamer ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I would like to buy a htpc to run xbmc
Requirements
Usb3 ports
Silent operations
Able to play 1080p movies

What is the best hardware for that
- zotac nd22. Suv2300 cpu with ion gpu. usb3 ?
- zotac id41. Atom d525 - ion2 gpu
- xstreamer ultra. Same specs but higher due to package bundle
- ... ?

Thanks for advices.
the zotacs are pretty common around here. If you want it to be a pure htpc, I'd get the id41, due to the newer gpu; however, both will be absolutely fine as pure xbmc machines.

About the xtreamer.. I wouldn't get it. After all I've read, I don't like that company too much.
I would skip the zotac id41 and go with the nd22. The processor is faster than the Atom. I have both an Atom 525 system and the nd22. The nd22 is much snappier and responsive. It plays all my 1080p mkvs fine. By the way, I have never noticed the fan noise that some people have talked about. Perhaps the issue was corrected the later units?
PatrickVogeli Wrote:About the xtreamer.. I wouldn't get it. After all I've read, I don't like that company too much.

+1, avoid that company....
+1 for ND22, but I have had good experiences with Xtreamer. I only recommend the ND22 because it has a faster CPU, though the Xtreamer comes with a remote.
I have the D510 model ZBOXHD-ID11 and does everything I need, plays all my video files, ISO and recordings it is running windows 7 32bit with 2 gig. I do recommend a SSD Drive I installed a 32Gb SSD Drive and boots up in about 10 - 15 seconds with XBMC as the opening app. Oh yea all my files are on a NAS so it is out of the way, a good place like a closest :-)
Another + for the nd22 here. Can run your skin of choice and remains nice and snappy. Xtreamer had potential for an atom system but ended up being too pricy IMHO. Can get the same for less or better (nd22!) for about the same. About the only trick it has left is wake from LAN