Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] Update Library scanning entire frontrow directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently, Update Library is scanning the entire frontrow directory, and reading playlists somewhere, and adding tonnes of movies with numbers in the titles, like 127 Hours, and Gypsy 83 (which from the movie poster, i wont be watching). I read the xbmc.log and found out in my skin.simplicity folder, there was a playlist folder which had tonnes of GenreAction.xsp type files, from which it was picking up these numbers and turning them into movies. I deleted that folder and the problem went away, so it was solved, but why is it scanning the entire frontrow directory?

Also in the night skin, if you look at movie info, the Path says the file, for example the movie 127 Hours that it's picked up, is located in videodb://1/2/127

i also deleted the playlists folder from userdata (i have no interest in playlists at all), my sources.xml is here (most of media is (confusingly) on an external USB hard called AppleTV, attached to my XBMCLive machine upstairs, shared over SMB)

Thought i'd post my findings here if anyone else has a similar problem, but does anyone know how to stop is scanning the entire frontrow directory? Or is that just what it does whilst looking for folders that have Set Content?
since the skin has updated itself, this problem has returned. i deleted the playlists folder again in the extras folder on the simplicity skin, but this time to no avail. i'm really surprised i'm the only one? i've checked that i've not set the root internal drive as a video source too. weird. actually it's not weird, it's fucking annoying!

[SOLVED]: There was an HDMovies.xsp playlist in the Night skin folder, so i just deleted the whole night skin folder. XBMC does seem to scan waaaaaay more directories than i have set as sources, but it isn't picking up these extra movies now. i hope this post is useful to at least 1 other person someday!