Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC didn't scrape resolution, aspect, audio codec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edit - Problem Solved

Hi,
I recently added some movies (about 20) to the external HDD that I use with my XBMC machine.

When I turned XBMC back on, I updated the library as normal. But while the library was updating, I also updated my Aeon Nox skin. Something crashed along the way and all I got was a black screen, I had to go out to windows and force shut down XBMC.

When I booted it back up, I notice that the recently added movies don't have any resolution, aspect ratio or audio codec info scraped. But they do have the source type (ie Bluray/DVD), movie company and parental rating. So it is like it has crashed before getting the rest of the info.

No matter what I do I can't get it to rescrape the missing info. I tried pressing 'i' and refreshing the info but it didn't work. I also tried deleting the movies from the library, cleaning the library, and then updating again. But it still doesn't fetch the missing media info.

Any ideas? Should I post a logfile? (i looked at it but it didn't seem to show anything relevant). Plus I have booted it and quited it a few times so I don't think the details about the crash are in the logfile.

-Acer Revo
-Win 7 x64
-XBMC 10.1
-Aeon Nox 10.1.0 (but I tried another skin and the same happens)
Thanks
You'll have to enter the media directory or library in order to make XBMC extract the streamdetails.
vdrfan Wrote:You'll have to enter the media directory or library in order to make XBMC extract the streamdetails.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand what that means.

It normally fetches the stream details of new movies when I update the library.

-------------

Edit - Okay, I got it fixed. The 'Extract thumbnail and video information' had become unticked somehow.