Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable auto generation of picture thumbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i checked but could not find anyway to do this. i often browse pics that change from day to day, rapidly building up hundreds and even thousands of thumbs that chew up space (couple of dozen meg at times and i have xbmc on cSmile and must eventually be manually deleted. an option to turn this feature off would be great!

i even tried deleting the thumbs location of changing it to a cache drive so they would get cleared automatically but to no avail.

gates668

ps: great work guys - just trying to help make a great product even better!
there is no alternative for this right now, but i have to ask.. why do you have xbmc installed on c:? wouldn't you be better off changing that?

ts
all my programs/utils are on c. this still leaves me with almost 200mb on that drive. i don't use live so i don't need to worry about switching images or m$ sniffing anything out. it's a soft mod and i just like the organization of it. i modded my brother's, too, and it's a nice way to keep it organized for someone who shouldn't play around with things. ("don't touch anything on c! but do whatever you want to the e drive.)

even with a bunch of room on the e: drive (which sometimes runs low,too), i still don't need all the thumbs i don't use lying around.

basically, it fits nicely, and it would just be wasted space otherwise.

i guess i just keep deleting them every so often until there's a fix. still incredible software!

gates668
well, if there isn't already, file an rfe on sourceforge.net.

ts
i'll make it optional. done.

awesome! i look forward to it! thanks!

gates668