Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB Scraping Problem (Downloading Information... stucks Continue yes|no)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

im using tmdb scraper but in the last days very often a message appears that information could not be downloaded (still continue or abort)? I always tell the script to continue and mostly then it works.

But this is poison for automatically library (video) updates on startup.

Is this a known TMDB issue that connections may sometimes be refused?
Is this a server overload on TMDB?

Cannot figure that problem out.

Greetz X23
the website is up, I re scanned yesterday no problem. you may want to check and see if you have the latest version of the scraper, it should be listed under addons, and could you please post a full debug log? Also i would verify Internet connectivity
Hi,

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:the website is up, I re scanned yesterday no problem. you may want to check and see if you have the latest version of the scraper, it should be listed under addons, and could you please post a full debug log? Also i would verify Internet connectivity

- i knew that the website is up verified it with another computer.
- It's the latest version.
- Internet connectivity is fine no problems.

There is no problem when it's running one time, if the popup asks me to continue i always say yes and on second try it always works.
I will make the log and post it here soon.

Greetz X23
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

- i knew that the website is up verified it with another computer.
- It's the latest version.
- Internet connectivity is fine no problems.

There is no problem when it's running one time, if the popup asks me to continue i always say yes and on second try it always works.
I will make the log and post it here soon.

Greetz X23

Not to get all left-field on this, but it sounds like you have a latency issue. Perhaps slow DNS or a link that takes a few seconds to respond. Establishing the link the first time means that it might be going on an established connection (TCP) or that the DNS entry is cached.

As a test, I would look at using google DNS or OpenDNS in order to reduce the impact in case it's DNS latency.
Hi,

in case my htpc has a tmdb problem i tried to scrape some movies in the same time with my notebook with also xbmc... that always works with the notebook also if the htpc scrape takes a very long time and finally ask me to continue or not...

It's a little bit strange but i don't think it's a dns problem both system use same router and internet connection.

Edit:

Maybe my problems are related to this (actual, see edit time):

Quote:Maintenance

TMDb is temporarily undergoing some maintenance as we make some tweaks and edits behind the scenes. The site should be restored within the hour.

Click here to see if things are back to normal.

themoviedb.org is a free and open movie database. It's completely user driven by people like you. TMDb is currently used by millions of people every month and with our and powerful API, also used by many popular media centers like Moovida, XBMC, Plex, MythTV and MediaPortal.

Lets have a lock if my problems are gone after they have finished... i'll be back! Wink

Greetz X23