Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc for a traveler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, i'm hoping someone out there shares my lifestyle and might have thought of what i want to do already... here's the story

I travel A LOT for work, so i'm pretty routinely on the go... but when i'm at home i love my xbmc setup...

What i'd like to do is make my laptop an XBMC client so i can watch all my media on the road... i'm thinking if i create a vpn tunnel to my home network i can use it as if it were local... but my real power-user desire is to be able to cache certain content...

for example, i know i'm getting on a plane monday morning, i'd like to be able to sit down at my laptop and say i want this music, this set of movies, and this set of tv shows available local on my laptop...

is there a way to do this so that xbmc won't try and duplicate my media stuff... sort of like a shadow source directory that "if the main source is not online, read from here instead, but show a small icon next to the file if it is not in this shadow source"

does that make any sense?