Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Export Movies to HTML
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,
my name is David,I'm from germany. I want to have a tool which export all my movies to a webpage to see all my movies on the go! But i found no tool what can do exactly what i want, so i wrote my own little app. The best thing is, you can do the design how YOU like it! I do a design for me and this is how it look...!

View from Browser (PC/MAC) | View from iPhone Movie after pressing "Load Images" | Click on picture to view gallery
Image . . . . . . . . . Image

You need to use this program:
-Windows OS
-You media should organzised like this
(If the text which is in bold different, it wont work!)
[INDENT]Movie-Name1\movie.nfo
Movie-Name1\folder.jpg
Movie-Name2\movie.nfo
Movie-Name2\movie.tbn
[/INDENT]

Step-by-Step Guid

1. Click here to download.
2. Unzip it.
3. Set paths
This file contains all the important paths!
3.1 Line 1 Insert where your media is
3.2 Line 2 Insert Destination
3.3 Line 3 Insert path where template is stored (where "templateHTML" is stored!!)
3.4 Line 4 Insert filename of picture you want to use for preview, seperate with ';' (without ' '). Put on first witch you prefere and so on.
4. Open "settings"-file
IMPORTANT!! This file is very important. Here are you variables for the structur of your output file!
4.1 To use a different file use this pattern
"_">FILENAME<":"VARiABLENNAME
Example: _templateMovie:$$tm
Desciption: Use in templateHTML the Variable $$tm to call file "templateMovie". For each Movie you have in Media, it insert the content of templateMovie to the output-file.

4.2 To use a value from out a nfo
>FILENAME<":"VARiABLENNAME
Example: genre:$$genre
Desciption: If you typed somewhere in the templatefiles '$$genre' (without ' '), it will be replaced with the genre of the movie. Works only in a file from 4.1.

4.3 There are some special variables,
cover:$$cover: replace with the relative path to cover
movieID:$$movieID: replace with the count of the current movie
movieIDprev:$$movieIDprev: replace with the count of the current movie - 1
movieIDnext:$$movieIDnext: replace with the count of the current movie + 1
5. Start the "HTMLReplace.exe"
If you want to create a Manifestfile check the box
6. Press start
8. Look at the box at the bottom of the window, to check the log, if nfo not found or cover not found!

How do i get this to my phone
After you run it, you'll see that you have under your destination path some new files and a new folder (covers)!!
To use it on the go, you can put it in dropbox, if you dont know what it is google it. If you dont have dropbox you can join here as my referal, you will give me +250MB Space and you'll get the same, good for us both.
If you dont like the referalt join here!

Problems?
The information on the webpage are wrong? - All informations are from the nfo-files, if this is wrong your webpage will be wrong.

Updates
-Run with '-true' (without ' ') to run it minimized, for autostart.

Dosnt look like above - Thats right you need to design it!

If you have nice ideas, post it!
If you have problems, post it!

If you want a fast answer please send me an email over my profil!
Does no one like to give me a feedback? I'm currently work on a new Version to make your own design.
I use sharethe.tv and also trakt.tv shich handles my library. Check out those sites to get ideas for your program.
rflores2323 Wrote:I use sharethe.tv and also trakt.tv shich handles my library. Check out those sites to get ideas for your program.

Yes, sharethe.tv is great for this.
I tried sharethe.tv now... I dont like it...! Its easy yes, but the page looks not good on my iPhone. Dont know if there is an app for that! All movie informations are not in my language, with my tool i have mine.
I update this and check the first post!
I add this feature! You need to redownload it and replace the exe
-Run with '-true' (without ' ') to run it minimized, for autostart.