Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] Problems with screenresolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @all,

i installed xbmc on my apple tv 2 (iOS 4.2.1). The apple tv is connected per hdmi to my samsung hd ready plasma tv (native resolution 1024x768).
When i start xbmc the corners of the menus are cut off. It seems like my tv does not scale right. I was able to correct this by adjusting the zoom settings of my skin but i have the same problem when i start videos.

Normal apple tv functions like watching youtube videos etc. are working fine.

I tried to change the resolution by changing the guisettings.xml but then it got even worse.

best regards

Daniel
XBMC has a built in solution. Go into your system settings and do the screen calibration. You can set the corners to be exactly where you want them.

Apple needs something like this on their Lowtide interface. Because I have seen a friend's TV where Lowtide needed the same adjustment.

In case you need more helping hands...it's /System/System/Video Output/Video Calibration
Believe I heard Gimli is hiding for breaking stuff... Don't know if it effected Keith's latest nightly, but calibration was broken for arm devices. Believe davilla added the fix for future releases.
The nightly is unaffected by this, I built before gimli did his osx multimonitor fix.
and I can confirm Davilla has fixed, the next build will not have this problem as well, whenever that is.
That's great thx for the infos
Hi,

I installed the latest nightly build. Screen Calibration does now work but it does not help.
When I adjust the corners the rest of the screen is cut off.
Like I wrote my plasma TV has a native resolution of 1024x768 pixels. It looks like my tv is showing xbmc in his native resolution but xbmc signal is sendt in 720p so the tv only shows what is in those 1024x768 pixels an the rest is not in the visible area.
The apple tv menu is displayed corectly. It's only XBMC that has this problem.
Like I wrote i already tried to change the resotlution manually in guisettings.xml but it even got worse. I have no access to my apple tv right now so i can't give you a screenshot or more technical details.

thx for your help

Daniel
Sounds like a 4:3 vs 16:9 issue ... a photo could be helping maybe?
You need to run screen calibration in video setting.
While playing any video clip hold-down play button to bring up
OSD and use video setting to do screen calibration to adjust
left-top and right-bottom and aspec ratio..

Or

Simply use system setting menu..
Ahh..ok, sorry my fault.
I didn't notice that I can set left-top, right-bottom and aspec ratio.

I thought i can only set left-top (what doen't make sense btw).

A typical pebcac ;-)

Thx for your help