Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why can't I get XBMC to work right???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- I have problems adding items to the home menu (even TVshows and Movies are blacked out and cannot activate them.

- I don't have some options other people state they have such as Advanced Home Menu option under Skin Settings.

- I attempt to add shortcuts under Favourites but it states favourite xml does not exist.

And more....
you need to explain your problems a little more.

Firstly, have you added your source for TV and Movies and scanned these to the library? (Video | Add Source)

Secondly, what skin are you using?

and what OS are you running, version of XBMC etc?
I am just going to play a hunch, I am assuming it is the tv and movies section under library that are blacked out. To fix this you must add sources for both or either to enable them. Please in the future provide as much information as possible when attempting to tackle problems, trust me when I say it makes things go a lot smoother and the feedback is much more constructive.
I apologize for the brevity and lack of details of my initial post. It was mostly out of frustration as I have been playing with xbmc for over a week and could not get it to work properly.

I have resolved some of the issue I had which was adding custom items to the home menu. I accomplished this by creating playlists, choosing the source, adding to favorites, then going to skin settings and adding a new playlist button label or favorite label.

I have still been experiencing issues with other features such as addons. I have enabled various addon but when I go to Add-0n shortcuts within the settings, most of the add-ons do not appear when I attempt to add a button label for them. Many of the ones that don't work are google, facebook, netflix for xbmc, vimeo, etc... I did get the gmail one!

btw I am on Dharma 10.1 for windows (vista) also I am running it on a mac separately and get may of the same issues.

Once again sorry for the brevity and unclearness...

BT
That you for the feedback and for all of your great posts within this community.
You shouldn't actually be able to start the addons from within the addon settings area. You need to go to the appropriate addons area to start them. So, for example, to run vimeo, you need to go to videos in the home screen then the video addons link, then run vimeo from there.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding your problem.
Btr8er Wrote:I apologize for the brevity and lack of details of my initial post. It was mostly out of frustration as I have been playing with xbmc for over a week and could not get it to work properly.

I have resolved some of the issue I had which was adding custom items to the home menu. I accomplished this by creating playlists, choosing the source, adding to favorites, then going to skin settings and adding a new playlist button label or favorite label.

I have still been experiencing issues with other features such as addons. I have enabled various addon but when I go to Add-0n shortcuts within the settings, most of the add-ons do not appear when I attempt to add a button label for them. Many of the ones that don't work are google, facebook, netflix for xbmc, vimeo, etc... I did get the gmail one!

btw I am on Dharma 10.1 for windows (vista) also I am running it on a mac separately and get may of the same issues.

Once again sorry for the brevity and unclearness...

BT

Its quite allright I think that I can say with a great deal of confidence that we have all been there at some point.
hi i have apple tv 2 jailbroke wit newest firmware AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore
install xbmc
also add repository with hulu , crackle
but none of them work. sometime it will say error fail or please check your log file or it jus shut off restart.
is anyone has same problems? or it just me? whats wrong wit it? or it jus xbmc wont work anymore?
Quote:hi i have apple tv 2 jailbroke wit newest firmware AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore
install xbmc
also add repository with hulu , crackle
but none of them work. sometime it will say error fail or please check your log file or it jus shut off restart.
is anyone has same problems? or it just me? whats wrong wit it? or it jus xbmc wont work anymore?
I think your problem would best be suited for the appletv forum.
pseudo7 Wrote:I think your problem would best be suited for the appletv forum.

tks do u know a site for appletv forum?
part of the ios forum
which is in xbmc:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137
pseudo7 Wrote:part of the ios forum
which is in xbmc:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137

Yeah, he had already posted the same thing there as well as two other places yesterday. I replied with a link to the "how to post about an XBMC for IOS problem in a useful manner" ....which he has so far ignored.
no xbmc.log, no soup.