Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Green dot on upper left corner with Crystal HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys! I am currently running XBMC 10.1 on my 1.83 C2D , SL 10.6.3 mac mini with a Crystal 70015 (3.6 drivers), connected through DVI-HDMI cable to my Samsung LC46A650 LCD TV. Whenever I play a HD movie (mkv or avi) that used the HD decoding, a green dot appears on the upper left corner of the screen.

No dot when playing SD movies.

Is this normal?

Regards,

FJR
I noticed this myself tonight, never noticed it before..
I got it too - all aspect ratios and I'm on component (so not an HDMI issue) disappears if you disable crystalhd. no one seems to know what's up. upgrading to latest crystal driver (174) doesn't fix it.
The green dot is an artifact.

CrystalHD embeds info in place of the 1st pixel, the real pixel value being located elsewhere. Something goes wrong in retrieving the real pixel's value and the 1st pixel gets set to zero, which for argb is correct for black but the picture is in yuyv and zero is green in that color scale.
Thanks for the clarification!
Is there any solution you know? I removed the green dot with changing the display calibration... but it isn't a permanent solution for me

greetings tagforce

PS:I'm using the latest crystalbuntu with xbmc 11 on the internal hard drive and i tried to update the nvidia driver without success
you can try to calibrate your screen (within xbmc) to extend a pixel (or two) outside of the viewing area if the green dot really bugs you. That might work. I forget about the green dot pretty quickly myself
davilla Wrote:CrystalHD embeds info in place of the 1st pixel, the real pixel value being located elsewhere. Something goes wrong in retrieving the real pixel's value and the 1st pixel gets set to zero, which for argb is correct for black but the picture is in yuyv and zero is green in that color scale.

davilla, is the code retrieving the real pixel's value located in XBMC or in some CrystalHD code?
I find this green dot extremely annoying and yesterday my wife even asked if it was a pixel error in the TV Shocked
I know I can calibrate TV so that the first pixel columns are outside but that is far from ideal.
If problem cannot be fixed, could some hacks perhaps be implemented in XBMC?
For example;
1. Copy value from pixel to the right. Best possible hack
2. Make pixel black which is less annoying than the neon green Smile

NB! If you have a 1920x1080 display and play 1280x720 content, the dot is bigger which indicate problem is in the decoding and not the rendering which scales output from decoder. But you already know this
got a sample ? I have a fix that needs testing.
On an atv 1 running xbmc git head as of yesterday and the chd bcm70015 and linux hardy I can not reproduce this anomaly on various sources in a > 600 source library. fwiw.
Davilla, thanks a bunch! Can't wait till next Crystalbuntu update Smile
I am using Sam's Crsytalbuntu and I just confirmed that he included your commit and I still see the green dot on the top left corner. The only difference being that it is not as prominent as before but it is still there.
bharath23, what is your display's resolution and which resolution videos have you tested?
I've just tested September update of Crystalbuntu which should have the fix included, but I still have something weird going on in upper left corner.
Davilla, can you please have a look again? Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3