Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fadelabel and CR LF line endings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a fadelabel which alternates between various infolabels. One of them is the plot of the movie/episode. When the plot in the database has CR LF line endings, the fadelabel will display all that lines at the same time no matter of the height of the label or no matter which alingy I use. This picture will clarify what I mean.

Is this a bug and/or is there a workaround?
Big_Noid Wrote:I have a fadelabel which alternates between various infolabels. One of them is the plot of the movie/episode. When the plot in the database has CR LF line endings, the fadelabel will display all that lines at the same time no matter of the height of the label or no matter which alingy I use. This picture will clarify what I mean.

Interesting. Is CR LF visible when using "textbox"?
Yeah, you see it as a new line, where normally the textbox just aligns all text throughout the end. Don't know if it's specific to CR LF though, I just noticed that all line endings in the database are CR LF so I thought I should mention it.
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah, you see it as a new line, where normally the textbox just aligns all text throughout the end. Don't know if it's specific to CR LF though, I just noticed that all line endings in the database are CR LF so I thought I should mention it.

Sounds like textbox is "expecting" multiline text while fadelabel expects one line only.
it seems that the cr lf line endings was because of my text editor No
So it is just because of the line ending.
pecinko Wrote:Sounds like textbox is "expecting" multiline text while fadelabel expects one line only.

I think the fadelabel automatically does wrapmultiline, whereas with a label you can turn this on/off.

EDIT: I correct myself, because if there are no line endings in the database, the text will just scroll in one line, so it doesn't do wrapmultiline
I'll bump this. As casual skinner i want to know solution for this too.
Is it possible to force fadelabel/label to ignore [cr]'s (in my case it's plot too) to act as single-line label?